Has anyone SOLVED the Differential Brakes Issue?

djtiger76

Hello,

Its quite interesting that I have not seen an answer to the Differential Brakes problem other than: not following procedures; not installed properly or something that indicates user error. Well, I am here to tell you this is not user error. Here is my story, lol:

Did a late evening flight from KPHL to TXKF in the Airbus 320. Left Philly with no problem, landed in Bermuda, no problem. Taxi. Park. Disembark (hey that rhymes!). Parking Breaks on, Chocks, Cones, APU on. I leave the plane as I go into the terminal to find something to eat (went in my kitchen to cook dinner). 

Approx 1hr later, I come back to the plane and it tells me the Differential Brakes are on. Why? I didn't turn them on before I left... I don't even know how to do that or the purpose of them. Why did they come on automatically? Does it have something to do with the plane sitting for an hour? Because the APU has been running for an extended time? Why? The plane has not moved and unless my cat got on my desk and started pressing buttons on the keyboard, the plane under APU power should still be in the same state it was in when I left it, albeit with a little less gas. 

Now I know from experience of flying this plane for years (FSX, FSX-Steam and now P3d) that once the Differential Breaks is on, you may as well turn the plane off and go home because there is NO WAY to take them off. There is no documentation, not solvable forum posts, nothing. Looks like you all programmed something and didn't know you were doing it.

In summary: I would like to know (keeping in mind, this is not something wrong with my configs as I just flew the plane and it was sitting (parking brake off, chocked) untouched at the gate the entire time.  

1. Why does Differential Breaks come on automatically
  2. How to turn them off

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

The brakes we use are 100% standard P3D and there is absolutely no code in the aircraft that affects them (only reads them to display things).  So the add-on is unable to set it.
i suggest a full recalibration of all controls.

Same problem here. After landing taxying to the terminal and differential brakes came on. No way to turn them off as you say. So not a problem with your controls as suggested.

Only way to fix is to reload the aircraft.

On 7.10.2019 at 14:15, Mathijs Kok sagte:

The brakes we use are 100% standard P3D and there is absolutely no code in the aircraft that affects them (only reads them to display things).  So the add-on is unable to set it.
i suggest a full recalibration of all controls.

yeah and it is only a coincidence that this only happens to the A3xx Professional and it has nothing to do with this aircraft.

• Aerosoft
On 10/9/2019 at 11:34 PM, rdlepage said:

Same problem here. After landing taxying to the terminal and differential brakes came on. No way to turn them off as you say. So not a problem with your controls as suggested.

Only way to fix is to reload the aircraft.

And have you tried my suggestion?

If you do not use key presses for differential brakes remove those key assignments from the sim.  We have two older reports where this solved this issue.  In one case something send these key presses to the sim.and we never found out, in the other case the user assigned the same key combination in a camera tool. 

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, Lucaser said:

yeah and it is only a coincidence that this only happens to the A3xx Professional and it has nothing to do with this aircraft.

Well, if tens of thousands of customers do NOT have this issue and two have it does make sense to look at something that is different on those systems don't you think? Or do you believe that we have send specially made bugged versions of the code to these two users?  As I written, we have seen this before and the users were able to correct the issue in these cases and in both cases it was not shown to be a bug. 

• Developer

Differential Brakes shows in FS as soon as brake and steering input come at the same time. This is how Microsoft implemented it at some point in FS5 or so. This happens with every plane every time.

If this message is "stuck" for you, it means that the brakes and steering axis are not properly calibrated (usually the null zone is too small to hide signal noise) so that FS gets a constant input from both. As soon as it detects such double input, it shows the message.

vor 6 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Differential Brakes shows in FS as soon as brake and steering input come at the same time. This is how Microsoft implemented it at some point in FS5 or so. This happens with every plane every time.

If this message is "stuck" for you, it means that the brakes and steering axis are not properly calibrated (usually the null zone is too small to hide signal noise) so that FS gets a constant input from both. As soon as it detects such double input, it shows the message.

you can calibrate axis but not buttons. when you set brake to a button, braking should be released at any point if you release this button.

i had this issue when i switched from t/o state (connection to p3d) to cold and dark cockpit with parking brake on. then suddenly the differential brakes indicator appears and are on.

maybe there is a connection between parking brake and suddenly moving rudder because of no hydraulics (simulated).

and just now i got the issue with only "brake" while having braking only on a button.

• Developer
vor 21 Stunden , Lucaser sagte:

you can calibrate axis but not buttons. when you set brake to a button, braking should be released at any point if you release this button.

Nobody told us whether anyone with this problem uses a key, a button or rudder pedals. In case of the latter it is an axis that can be calibrated (in fact it's even two of them).

vor 21 Stunden , Lucaser sagte:

maybe there is a connection between parking brake and suddenly moving rudder because of no hydraulics (simulated).

As we said multiple times, this is a thing of the simulator, not a thing of the aircraft simulation. The simulator just checks and compares the values from input axes. There's no hydraulics or pneumatics. This is way below the layer where any simulation systems come into effect.

• 1 year later...

Archived