FSX Corfu X update.

sotiris

Hi, 

Is there any chance for the authors of the above scenery to update it, as in the real life the LGKR airport has got a runway designation change from 35/17 to 34/16 ?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

While waiting for a definitive answer, I have to say the chances are almost zero, especially for a minor/no cost update. In order to recoup the investment in any kind of update, there has to be a market, and the sales of FSX/32 bit P3D add-ons or updates just don't seem to be there any more. Remember, it's not how many people are (still) running FSX/32 bit P3D, it's those that are willing to still buy add-ons. The great majority are waiting to see what happens with MS Flight Simulator (the new one).

If all you want to do is see the runway numbers current, it's easily done yourself with Airport Design Editor (ADE), available as a free download here. The third bullet down is a link to the manual.

OK, all understood, but, you have missed a detail. The runway designation number is "painted" within the scenery/textures folder/file by the authors.

ADE (I am already a user of since years) cannot make seen the runway number change. I really can't find out where exactly runway is, to make the change.

I changed the number in texture folder with DXTBMP program, but with no success.

Mathijs, when a scenery addon is installed, its AFD file gets higher priority than stock one. The addon has got some files installed in the FS that lead FS to the addon and not to the stock airport.

In other words, if the author doesn't care to correct the above issue, a developer only and not a user is capable to make it. 

15 hours ago, sotiris said:

Hi, 

Is there any chance for the authors of the above scenery to update it, as in the real life the LGKR airport has got a runway designation change from 35/17 to 34/16 ?

Thanks.

The designator is changed but all the painting and signs at the real airport still have the old layout. No money to repaint everything :D

Ps.: No, this is not a joke. That's exactly the case at the real airport.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 10/7/2019 at 4:35 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I made a note. When the product will be updated we'll make sure this is added.

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, sotiris said:

So, money appears to have been found.

Now what will be your actions as Aerosoft ?

At this moment nothing. If we would update all airports all the time for free we would be out of business in a matter of months. You bought the product 'as is' without any promises of updates. 

As I said, if we overhault the product this will be changed. 

Archived