Plane acts weird

jordan22441

Why would the plane be going crazy like this when I’m near mid approach it becomes unflyable could it be because I only have 8gb ram so it can’t load the scenery aswell as the aircraft any help is appreciated 

Please login to view this video.

P3dv4 A320/21 professional and I don’t know about the fps I turned the labels off in the p3d settings but it was running smooth then all of a sudden on approach the plane had a mind of its own just constantly shaking and It is unflyable it was fine for the rest of the flight but it’s just on approach onwards 

GTX 1060 6gb Ryzen 5 2400g 3.9 ghz DDR4 8gb ram 2400 MHz 

Please login to view this video.

the video works fine when I go to open it

• Deputy Sheriffs

please check your fps;

Downloaded your video, and from the poor quality I can see, outside the aircraft everything looks very blurry, so I would say you system is not capable of handling the load properly

Post your P3D graphical settings ... you may have some set too high and once posted im sure others would be able to help get you the performance you need ...8 GiG of ram thou may be pushing it a bit for P3D and complex add ons another 8 gig would help but just need to see the settings you have the sim running at.

Rich

Right my own view on this is ... the Blurry textures may be caused by using unlimited FPS , lock the FPS at say 30 FPS and remove Vsync for now ....most of the settings dont look too bad but turn both autogen sliders down one notch and it may look nice but cloud shadows can hit FPS so untick that for now, might beable to gain some fps by turning off Volumetric fog (i dont use it and i have a 8700K and 1080GPU) ,.cloud draw distance to 60,... open your P3D CFG file. and under the MAIN section add this

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

It will give you some extra FPS .. play around with the numbers .. default is 0.33 ... lower gives you more FPS .. higher less FPS , when you run unlimited frames it defaults to 0.01 i think so if your pc cant keep up you end up with blurry textures , so locking FPS at 30 and using 0.01 will help.....higher numbers  give the CPU more time to render the scenery (lower FPS)  lower numbers gives the CPU less time but then the CPU can do other sim tasks so boosts FPS so lock FPS to counter act the blurry textures. (my FPS is locked at 32 using an 8700K and GTX1080)

any FPS from 25-40 in my view is fine (even 20+ maybe) its not a first person shooter....i expect loads will argue but ive been simming since the 80s and 25-40 is great.

An extra 8 gig of PC mem will help as 16 is P3Ds recommended specs and sadly the 1060 may be good for normal games but is cutting it a bit for P3D so too the CPU sadly the only other things that wont cost you any money is to lower some of the other settings even more ... maybe shadow quality to medium.

Rich

• Aerosoft

Jordan, depending on what you try to show, those settings might be optimistic. If you want to know if low FPS is the cause of your issue, simply repeat the flight with very low settings. If there is no issue you are just not able to handle the FPS the aircraft needs. if you still have the issue there is something else wrong.

Archived