scenery (re)order

Whisper

HI there,

it's been a while now that i'm using SimStarter.

I see that by manual reordening the scenery order in the "Scenery Configuration Manager", after saving and reopening, the order is changed.

What is the reason of this ?

this is how i order my scenery

Please login to display this image.

this is after saving and reopening

• Deputy Sheriffs

Which version of SimstarterNG do you have installed? Are you using any other 3rd party tool to reorder your sceneries?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I remember correct, this got something to do with how P3D handles those entries:

- lines in dark green are add-on.xml entries and they can not be moved around (not even within P3D) and will be sorted back once you changed it in SimstarterNG.

- lines in light green are "normal" entries, which can be moved around

But TBH, I do not really see any need to move add-on.xml entries around.

I do not know whether it would be possible that Peter adds a kind of warning, when you try to move those enries.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto is correct, those are add-ons which has been added via "add-ons.xml" to the simulator. They can't be moved.

At the bottom of the window you took the screenshots from, you have a "color legend":

When hovering the mouse above each color you will get an information what this color means.

OK, yes, i now the difference between the light and dark green entry's.

It is just the fact that i try to organize the entry's in a logical order, by country.

So, it's a limitation from P3D, i have to accept that fact.

Thanks for the reply

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived