Addon XML manager

davenicoll

Hi Guys,

I have used SimstarterNG for a while now and have only just started to delve into it's depths which has prompted me to come up with a question/idea.

I have several different profiles depending on which area I am going to fly in and have the scenery deactivated if I am not flying in that region.

With the onset of Prepar3d v4.5 (Which I am using)  a lot of my scenery is elsewhere and an add-on.xml file gets it loaded into the sim. I noticed there is an add-on.xml mamager, and in that are further options for new config sets. Here is my queston/idea.

If I create several different add-on.xml config sets, labelling the same as my regions and assign that config set to that particular region and again only activate the scenery that is for that area will once simstarterNG is running and I run the particular profile will it only load the add-on.xml for that region thus cutting down on the amount loaded into the sim and load times.

I hope the above is understandable lol.

EG  Scenery and add-on.xml config sets for UK with only UK stuff activated once I activate it (Run profile) is only UK loaded.

Phew!!...got there in the end lol

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hey Devnicoll;

I am having a very similar challenge and I just posted about it before seeing your post.  I hope Support addresses either of our concerns soon.  Let me know if you find an answer and I will do the same.

Cheers,

Mustafa

• Developer

Hi Dave,

I got your point but I strongly not recommand changing all scenery settings into one add-on.xml. Leave it as they are and use Scenery Spacer and different SceneryConfig Sets.

Regards,

Peter

Archived