Spoilers deployed in climb when running on AP/ AT/ and all modes are auto and errors with spoiler extension.

Qpilot

I've had this issue on the Airbus X since 1.2.4.1. I am now on 1.2.5.1.

Once the throttles are retarded to CLIMB detent. the spoilers extend and remain extended through out the climb until reaching cruise altitude. the aircraft knows this is an error and reports on the ECAM Spoliers extended in Amber when the aircraft is above 1500ftAGL.

This is very annoying. The only way to remove the auto extension of the spoilers is by climbing in Vertical speed. The spoilers are not Armed and are not manually extended and the extension of the spoilers cannot be overridden. There is no loss of climb performance.

When descending, if the spoilers are not deployed at all. the error spoilers extended appears. the only way to remove the info from the ECAM is pressing CLR. 10 seconds later the error will appear again.

This is becoming very frustrating. It is clearly a bug in the logic of the autopilot and seems that people have had similar issues before.

It is not realistic and also affects landings because as soon as that error appears, the ECAM changes the page to amber alerts and removes the landing checklist from the actions required page.

Please help.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Several things that come to my mind:

- Simply check the key and axis assignment in P3D

- when you use any special tools for assignments like FSUIPC or configuration tools coming with your controller, do not use them, they are not needed for the Airbus

- When you did a client update only for your latest version of P3D, it gets sometimes brocken for unknown reason. In such a case only a fresh install of P3D can solves this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I have exacly the same isssue on a complete new System with the recent versions of:

P3D V4.5.13.32097

ChasePlane V 1.0.44

AS for P3Dv4 7208

Do you have any specific hint?

Thank you in advance

Archived