Tire screech sound...?

Kilo60

Is there a file for tire screeching when braking hard or landing?

Not getting any tire squeal/screech audio on my Twin Otter and wanted to see it it was modeled or if I have to adjust a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Is there a file for tire screeching when braking hard or landing?

Not getting any tire squeal/screech audio on my Twin Otter and wanted to see it it was modeled or if I have to adjust a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

If you can hear the tires "screeching" when braking hard, the braking is too hard and needs to be relaxed. That said, it might be a useful clue that one needs to let off on the brakes. A tire "chirp" on landing is something else. Realistic or not, people do seem to expect it.

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not a setting but I really can;t remember if we added that or not. Made a note though for the new version, as the Twotter does a lot of short field work it makes sense.

Great to hear!  

Been watching videos of Twotter landings at St Barth’s and they all give a noticeable chirp at initial contact with the runway!

• 6 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived