AES Can't Find Airport

James8133

Good morning, 

For the past week, I've had some issues with AES. I was trying to do a flight out of FSDT KLAX the other day. I noticed that AES wasn't working. So I exited FSX. I opened up the AESHelp for FSX. Then I got this message; "Add-on Scenery "FSDreamTeam Los Angeles Int'l" not found or are not active. Please install or activate in the Scenery Library first." I then went into my downloads to see that it was installed. I'm not sure what's going on. May someone please help me figure this out. Thank you in advance. 

Sincerely,

James Stump

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I seem to recall there was a recent update to FSDT KLAX done through FSDT Live Update. It could be that with an update to FSDT KLAX that AES no longer recognizes the scenery as installed because AES needs to see the correct version as well as the scenery.

Will it be able to recognize the new update? I do remember it doing it right after I updated KLAX via the FSDT Live Update. 

What if I reinstalled an older version of KLAX from FSDT?

What else could it be if it wasn't the recent update? I do remember that KJFK was recently updated, and I just saw AES working today. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The dialog notes it's either not installed or not activated. Since FSDT KLAX is installed, have you tried to activate it in the usual manner? You have enough credits to do so.

Also, please confirm whether or not it ever worked. You wrote, "I do remember it doing it right after I updated KLAX via the FSDT Live Update" which I take to mean AES did work at least once at KLAX, but I want to make sure I correctly understand the issue.

Good morning, 

Here is a screenshot showing that KLAX is installed and activated. But I'm not sure why AES is still giving me that message? That's the part where I'm confused. After I ran the FSDTLive Update, I flew out of KJFKV2, (which was part of the update, and you'll see that AES works just fine.) Attached below is KDFW and AES does not work there at all. I can confirm that it did not work (for KLAX, KDFW, and PHNL) 

As you'll see here, both PHNL, and KDFW are installed and activated. However, if you look at my first screenshots, you'll see that KDFW, and PHNL are activated with AES. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

As Herman already wrote in his first reply: the update most like changed files within the KLAX folder structure which are used by AES to identify if it is installed or not.

So without an AES update to recognize it again, it will not work.

Talking about AES updates...

This is the latest coment of the developer regarding updates (taken from this post in the German forum and translated by deepl.com):

AES cannot evolve because an important component no longer exists, the Vistamare modules. The developer unfortunately left the FS/Windows programming business years ago. This is also a reason why AES will certainly not experience any significant changes anymore.

Because the basis on which it runs is also dying. Without sufficient users who can finance the development, one cannot invest any time.

Of course there are still users of Mircosoft FS9 and Mircosoft FSX, but there will be none added, but less and less because they switch to P3D or xPlane.

New users in the FSX area are only to be found at Davetails FSX:SE, but there are no modules that AES needs.

A complete reprogramming to new interfaces provided by P3D would be possible but would cost a lot of development time and money. Since there are already tools on the market that have copied the AES concept, the market is no longer big enough for a complete development that does more or less the same thing.

But I will take care of AES again, at least to check which supported airports got an update in the last 2 years and AES needs a small adjustment. But this will only be possible by the way, so no statement about any availability is possible.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Deputy Sheriffs

According to the FSDT webpage KLAX already comes with "123 Jetways animated with inverse-kinematics in FSX (FSX only)", so AES shouldn't be needed at all for that.

If they don't work you need to get in touch with FSDT.

34 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

As Herman already wrote in his first reply: the update most like changed files within the KLAX folder structure which are used by AES to identify if it is installed or not.

So without an AES update to recognize it again, it will not work.

Talking about AES updates...

This is the latest coment of the developer regarding updates (taken from this post in the German forum and translated by deepl.com):

I get that but AES did work with the new KJFKV2 UPDATE?

What if I ran Simple Airport Scanner to make sure there wasn't any duplicate airports?

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, James8133 said:

Good morning, 

Here is a screenshot showing that KLAX is installed and activated. But I'm not sure why AES is still giving me that message? That's the part where I'm confused. After I ran the FSDTLive Update, I flew out of KJFKV2, (which was part of the update, and you'll see that AES works just fine.) Attached below is KDFW and AES does not work there at all. I can confirm that it did not work (for KLAX, KDFW, and PHNL) 

I'm not sure what Simple Airport Scanner can do to resolve the connection problem between FSX and AES, but it shouldn't hurt to try it.

Tom's point about the KLAX gates not needing AES to work and his suggestion for follow-up with FSDT seems to be the answer. In that case, what I understand you want most, jetways that work, is already there, so no need to bring in AES.

If FSDT believes AES will work with the current version, here's some additional thoughts on troubleshooting:

1. To try to run this down better, please respond to my request from my second post: "Also, please confirm whether or not it ever worked. You wrote, "I do remember it doing it right after I updated KLAX via the FSDT Live Update" which I take to mean AES did work at least once at KLAX, but I want to make sure I correctly understand the issue."

2. I think you misunderstood my suggestion above. When I wrote, "Since FSDT KLAX is installed, have you tried to activate it in the usual manner?" the question is about activating KLAX in AES. It was clear from the start that KLAX is activated in FSX.
  3. Something else to look at is if User Account Control is active for the folder where your FSX is installed. If so, turn it off.
  4. Then, take a look at the AES control panel you showed in your first post. First, try a Resync/Repair by clicking on the button towards the bottom of the control panel with that label then reboot your computer. Recheck the AES control panel. If the KLAX entry is still off, it may not have been correctly installed into AES. Please follow these instructions from page 8 of the user manual (available here) to install KLAX in AES: To fully activate an airport you will need to assign credits. You will see how many credits are needed and how many credits are available (if there are not enough credits you will need to buy more). Simply click on the airport you wish to assign credits to. After two warnings the credits will be assigned and the airport will show the FULL mode indication and be bright green. If the airport is available both in the FS2004 and FSX version on your system, both will be set to FULL mode. You do not need to use additional credits.

Please let us know what you find out.

Greetings, I apologize for the late response. I've been caught up with work and haven't had much time to look at the forums. To answer your 1st question, after I updated KLAX via the FSDTLive Update, the jetways seemed to have worked fine. I didn't notice anything going wrong at all. A few days later when I tried to fly out of KLAX, that's when I noticed that AES wasn't working. I haven't changed any of the settings at all. I'm also noticing the same issues at PHNL, and KDFW. Even though the AESHelp application says that I have credits working for PHNL, and KDFW. I will take a look at the other suggestions you have when I return home after today. 

• Aerosoft

Please keep in mind that we can only sell software that is compatible with what is available when you bought it. We do not sell the guarantee things will keep on working if the product we base our work on changes.  This might be one of the occasions where that hurts. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 9/25/2019 at 12:08 PM, Tom A320 said:

According to the FSDT webpage KLAX already comes with "123 Jetways animated with inverse-kinematics in FSX (FSX only)", so AES shouldn't be needed at all for that.

If they don't work you need to get in touch with FSDT.

Turning again to Tom's observation, have you tried to use what FSDT already includes with KLAX? You wrote earlier that you simply wanted working gates, and it seems that's built in to the FSDT KLAX current version, which you have. Is there some reason why this isn't sufficient?

Hoping that one of the suggestions you still plan to look into, as well as what I wrote about Tom's observation, gets you what you want. As for trouble shooting AES with the airport, you wrote that it used to work but now doesn't. Gently and respectfully, in our experience, in 99.999% of cases, this symptom  means either something changed in your system (and you'll have to track that down yourself since only you know) or your recall that it once worked is in error. The remaining .001% is simply unexplainable and also unsolvable.

I've always liked AES because in my personal opinion, I like it better than the GSX. I have tried to get in touch with FSDT, but they say that "They can't reproduce the problem." Going back to what you said in 99.999% that something changed in my system, that's what I'm trying to figure out what else can be fixed. Should I reach out to FSDT again? Also maybe you could help me figure out what changed? I don't want to look through any settings without accidentally clicking on something and making things worse. I do appreciate all the help/advice you guys are giving me. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

James, I too much preferred the AES look and feel to GSX when I was still flying a lot in FSX. I do miss AES now that I'm just on P3Dv4 and XP11.

Still looking forward to what you were able to do with the built-in gates that Tom reported on.

We'll need to wait for someone who knows more about SODE and associated conflicts. I'll leave the SFO HD error post here for now because it may well be linked to the LAX issue. If it turns out not to be, I should be able to move it to its own thread.

I have not tried the  "123 Jetways animated with inverse-kinematics in FSX" I can give that a try. FSDT tells me that I have another KLAX installed, and I showed them with the airport scanner that I only have their FSDT product installed. I have never liked GSX to begin with. (Even though FSDT includes it with their products). I've never been a fan of their product. Do you think I should uninstall all my FSDT products and then reinstall them again? I apologize for the late response Herman. I've been sick with a cold, which is why I haven't been online over the past few days.  

• Deputy Sheriffs
56 minutes ago, James8133 said:

I have not tried the  "123 Jetways animated with inverse-kinematics in FSX" I can give that a try....I apologize for the late response Herman. I've been sick with a cold, which is why I haven't been online over the past few days.  

No worries on the delayed response, James. We're patient folks here and do hope you're finally getting over the cold.

Do give a few of the built-in 123 jetways and let us know the results when you have the time and energy. Early season colds to take it out of us.

I just thought of something. Do you think I should uninstall all of my FSDT products? (KDFW, KJFKV2, KLAX, and PHNL) and then reinstall them again? Or should I try the 123 jetways first, and if that doesn't work then should I uninstall/reinstall them?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please try the 123 jetways first. If that gets you what you most want ("I wish I can just have the jetways to work that's all "), it saves you a ton of work uninstalling/reinstalling.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you are not able to figure that out with the help of the manual, you should ask the manufacturer of this add-on, FSDreamTeam. It is their add-on and they promise on their web page that it comes with 123 jetways. As I already hinted to you earlier in this topic

On 9/25/2019 at 9:08 PM, Tom A320 said:

According to the FSDT webpage KLAX already comes with "123 Jetways animated with inverse-kinematics in FSX (FSX only)", [...]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Herman locked this topic

Archived