(Automatic deployment of) Speed Brake during climb and descend

MartinKWH123

Hello,

i am sorry to bother you with this but i need your help with the following issue with Speed Brakes.

I have reinstalled Aerosoft Airbus Prof. (and updated for the latest version 1.2.5.1) for P3Dv4 (Version 4.5; latest version) and now I have the following problem:

Shortly after takeoff (about 2000 feet AGL) the Master Caution "F/CTL: SPD BRK STILL OUT" and shortly after that the Speed Brake extends fully. The Speed Brake Lever itself is still in RET or ARMED position; so it happens fully automatical and by itself.

Sometime during Climb (About FL170) they retract back to normal and the Master Caution disappears.

The Master Caution comes also on sometime during descend and final approach even though it is in RET or ARMED position, but it does not deploy then.

It only deploys itself during the Climb Phase.

See the picture attached.

What do you suggest?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Check you key and axis assignments.

Also check for duplicate assignments and if you're using FSUIPC for assignments there as well. Recently installed programs, especially something like EZDOK, can add their own key assignments without you noticing until you get the symptoms you described.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

I have already checked any axis or key assignments. It still happened again.

What really hints that it has to be some kind of coding error is the fact that after takeoff the F/CTL SPD BRK STILL OUT caution comes on ALWAYS at the exact same time: And that is when i climb through the THRust REDuction / ACCEL altitude = 1500 ft AGL and the Airbus System tells in the PFD "LVR CLB". So it is triggered by something.

A few seconds later the speed brake extends. until about FL170, then they retract.

The lever is always in the RED or ARM position (why would it be different during that phases).

The Master Caution also comes on during final descend / final approach but without extending speed brakes.

I have found this topic of a user describing the same problems. You can see a video where the exact same thing happens to this other user: Passing 1500 ft AGL the caution comes and then the speed brakes. (direct link to the video:

)

• Deputy Sheriffs

If what you're seeing is the issue in the attached thread, then there are your answers. The poster there appeared to be using an out of date version. Since you wrote you're using 1.2.5.1 (which is current), then as noted in the thread, it has to be something on your system. No one else is reporting this on your version.

If you haven't already, please carefully re-read what was noted by Emanuel in regard to normal behavior and messages, then compare to what you're seeing.

Finally, there's the old standard troubleshooting step of doing the tutorial flight exactly as described in the step by step to see if your issue is present in that flight. 

This is definitely not normal behavior. How can a speed brake deployment during climb can be normal? Or a constant Master Caution during final approach even though the SPD BRK is not used?

Before my re-installation of P3D this did not happen.

And back then I might had an outdated version since I did not update it properly.

You can't blame it on outdated versions because it worked just fine earlier.

Archived