Violent pitching in climb and cruise

SWA4420

Hi - On my 2 flights with the A321, I've experienced violent pitching up and down, once during climb, and once during cruise.  I'm running P3D 4.5, with no external weather injector, just "Fair Weather".  Has anyone else experienced this?  (Win7-64, 16GB RAM, GTX970, triple monitor w/surround enabled).

Also - after passing an altitude restriction during climb with FL380 set in FCU, the PFD alternated between CLB and ALT (in magenta)....weird....

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

The type of problem you're reporting is very well known, and occurs because of low frame rates (due to the aircraft being tied to frame rates). Essentially, you need to sustain a minimum of 18fps to avoid this occurring.

Ah, ok Dave, thanks....I didn't have my FPS counter turned on, but I did notice hesitations during it as well.  My system is 5+ years old but I cannot afford to replace it yet!
Jim

Hi Mathijs - I just did a flight in the A318, EDDF-EGLC w/Steep Approach....everything worked perfectly, but the hesitation on scenery loading caused the issue once during cruise....I think it's definitely my system not being able to keep up with the texture loading that's causing the issue.  I will be getting a new system soon to replace this 5+ year old one, so I expect that issue to be resolved with the same settings I'm using now.  As you know, clouds are a major FPS killer in all flight sims, so at present I can only fly with the clear weather setting in P3D.  On the previous flight described above, I used the Fair Weather setting...clouds=no good!

I will report back later after a new system is up and running....

Thanks to you and Dave,
Jim

Archived