Scenery airport Poprad-Tatry, LZTT for flight simulator P3D v4+

While testing the Kosice airport is in progress, I decided to announce a new project that I started to work on. This is Poprad-Tatry LZTT Airport.
Today, the runway is ready, airport facilities are being created.
I plan to finish Scenery in January 2020.
I will periodically talk about the progress of work.
So far, a few screenshots.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In parallel with the correction of comments that are to the Kosice airport, I create units for Poprad-Tatry. In the screenshots of wind sock, navigation equipment, transmissometry which will be in scenery

Outline for today. By the end of the project, I want to add grass cover to the unpaved runway, edit the GP. I will do this when the overall picture is visible.
In October - November I will be engaged in the construction of buildings

This looks really good!  And that airport is in a neat setting, Tatry area.

If I may ask, how easy was it for you to get pictures of the airport and airport objects/buildings?   For example, the radar structures -- did they let you go out there and take pics right next to the radar and radar buildings?  Or did you rely on some internet source for photos?

On 9/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, Mace_RB said:

This looks really good!  And that airport is in a neat setting, Tatry area.

If I may ask, how easy was it for you to get pictures of the airport and airport objects/buildings?   For example, the radar structures -- did they let you go out there and take pics right next to the radar and radar buildings?  Or did you rely on some internet source for photos?

Thanks for the nice comment.

I have collected many videos, photos of the flying club which is located in Poprad. On one of them was clearly visible radar.
I want to go to Poprad this winter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TatraFan from runway 09

On 11/28/2019 at 5:51 PM, CaptKornDog said:

Looks good.

Thanks!
The volume of work that needs to be completed is already visible. Poprad will be ready in the spring of 2020. Scenery will include an airport, city, animation of airfield equipment and people.
I think LZTT will be an interesting project for many P3D users.

2 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Looks very nice! But please, no reflection on a dry ground, runway, apron or whatever. ;)

Indeed, those are becoming paint in the a**. Close to all developers do them nowadays, but have you ever seen the sun reflect on a dry road, parking lot, etc. in this way?
You haven't and you never will. Because it does not happen in real life.

15 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Indeed, those are becoming paint in the a**. Close to all developers do them nowadays, but have you ever seen the sun reflect on a dry road, parking lot, etc. in this way?
You haven't and you never will. Because it does not happen in real life.

What do you say about these photos? It is a sunset. I think that if I were photographing not from a car, the effect of sunlight was the same.

11 minutes ago, Pavel1971 said:

What do you say about these photos? It is a sunset. I think that if I were photographing not from a car, the effect of sunlight was the same.

I say the same which I said ealier already. The difference between your photos and the screenshots is obvious.

The white markings on the road are a little more reflective, but the concrete is not.

The sun is right above the horizon in your pictures, so you get maximum reflectivity. And I see a huuuuge difference between the screenshot and your photos, even though in the screenshots the sun is even further up, meaning less reflections than if it was as far down as in the photos.

1 minute ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I say the same which I said ealier already. The difference between your photos and the screenshots is obvious.

Nothing like this. I did not have a good opportunity to choose an exposure, point the camera, the car was traveling at speed. But even in these photos the sun's rays are visible on the pavement. There are traces of rubber on the runway, gas jets from the engines and they have reflective properties.

10 minutes ago, Pavel1971 said:

Nothing like this. I did not have a good opportunity to choose an exposure, point the camera, the car was traveling at speed. But even in these photos the sun's rays are visible on the pavement. There are traces of rubber on the runway, gas jets from the engines and they have reflective properties.

Well, indeed they do, however by far not as much as you're showing. Indeed it is more of a subtle effect than any clearly visible reflection. Pictures can't capture this, you have to see it with your own eye.

9 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Well, indeed they do, however by far not as much as you're showing. Indeed it is more of a subtle effect than any clearly visible reflection. Pictures can't capture this, you have to see it with your own eye.

Perhaps you `re right. I will try to work on this effect and make it not so pronounced. Thanks!

On 12/3/2019 at 8:13 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

I edited the asphalt. Your point of view regarding these corrections is important!
Grass was also edited. The seasonality of the grass covers three periods: winter (the grass is slightly covered with snow); spring - summer (grass with wildflowers); Autumn (grass without flowers).

P.S. On the screens, asphalt at different times of the day.

3 hours ago, Pavel1971 said:

I edited the asphalt. Your point of view regarding these corrections is important!
Grass was also edited. The seasonality of the grass covers three periods: winter (the grass is slightly covered with snow); spring - summer (grass with wildflowers); Autumn (grass without flowers).

P.S. On the screens, asphalt at different times of the day.

Looks very good! Great job!

Poprad city.
Much remains to be done in the city itself. This is the railway station, the city polyclinic in the territory of which there is a helipad, a number of other buildings.

Archived