Altitude Setting Problems - Cont.

ktomi65

I am reporting a problem identical to the one reported by # LecLightning56 on August 8.
After a new P3D installation and AS Bus Professional updated to version 1.2.5.0, it is not possible to set the altitude indicator on FCU. Also on PFD the altitude bar flashes. The same situation is after upadate to 1.2.5.1
There was no problem in previous versions.
When I use the # LecLightning56 method (instead of the default Raptor, I load F16 first, then A320 CFM first - then the problem does not occur. However, that does not satisfy me.
I have no ideas as to where the problem may be. The entire P3D ecosystem works flawlessly.
I am attaching a link to the film, where you can clearly see what is going on.

https://youtu.be/pzAVirbT668

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello ktomi65,

Could you please try with 1.2.5.1 experimental update if you still have this issue. If so, please try to reinstall the Airbus professional completely. Hope that solves it for you.

As usual: C:\Users\...\Documents\Aerosoft.

I'm flying AS Buses since 2016, so I'm quite familiar with all requirements and specificity of the addon. This also applies to the 64 bit version :)

As I wrote - it is 100% same bug as reported by # LecLightning56.

Hm... "DeleteGeneratedFiles" is mean, that I have to reinstal/register all my addon sceneries? It that is, I rather say goodbay to the Bus. I wrote in my first post - solution provided by LecLightning56 is not satisfying me. Addon in 1.2.5.0 has a bug - default Raptor causes wrong behaviour of your addon (if I load F16 first - problem is absent). I didn't changed anything in my system / hardware /sim  except new version of AS Airbus Professional 64-bit. Can you give me any real advise?

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, ktomi65 said:

Can you give me any real advise?

This was a real advice, as it solved the issue for the other user. He and you are the only 2 user having such a problem and this is clearly a sign that it is not a bug in the Airbus. Otherwise tons of other users would report this too. So there must be something else going wrong. May be something within your P3D environment is not standard and causes this issue.

I never had to use the mentioned batch file, but there are a lot of hints how to use it. But when talking about "generated files": P3D itself generates files in context with addons. And so for the Airbus. You find them under user/AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/Simobjects. There are several Airbus folders generated by P3D. When you now uninstall the Airbus, you can also manually delete these folders and reinstall the Bus again. Maybe this helps.

• Deputy Sheriffs

ktomi65, I know it can be frustrating for you to have this issue. We are doing our best to give you the best advise we can give given that we don't know what is actually causing this issue. We are unable to recreate it on our own systems and we need to troubleshoot the best we can with the knowledge we have what are some common solutions for this kind of issues.

You say on your initial post that you load the Airbus after loading to Raptor and that's when the issue occurs. And when you load to F-16 first and then the Airbus, the issue does not occur. What happens if you load directly to the Airbus from the P3D Scenario menu?

This is not frustration, but rather a lack of satisfaction and regret.  I have been flying your Bus for many years, I waited for the 64-bit version, just like the whole community, with great hopes.  Unfortunately - the product turned out to be very "sensitive" to the environment of normal player systems (as opposed to dedicated developer systems).  

Please close this thread.

• Deputy Sheriffs

All the people in this topic trying to help you are no devs with what you call „developer systems“ but normal users with very different systems, from notebooks ( like mine) up to highend systems. And all of them run tons of other software (video editing, imagine editing, some kind of business software) and they treat their systems wirh care. So do devs. No fancy tweaks, no shitty tools etc. So your argumentation doesnt fit at all. Devs develop in a way that their software runs on a standard envirnment, that doesnt any specialities. But when you call a system which has been tweaked to death, a normal player system you obviously misunderstood something.

So instead of ranting you should think about the fact that only 2 out of thousands of users faced this problem and one of them solved it. So you are the only one left.

Think about it.

Archived