Cannot delete FMS discontinuities

Hello all,

I am sorry if this is already been answered for CRJ 700, but I was unable to find that. I am using if I am correct 1.2.3 version and this was route I typed in:

ID      FREQ   TRK   DIST   Coords                       Name/Remarks
TNCM             0      0   N18°02'27.34" W063°06'32.25" PRINCESS JULIANA INTERNATIONA
TRNKY          348     23   N18°25'13.00" W063°11'22.92" TRNKY
PJM     113    170     23   N18°02'17.21" W063°07'05.79" ST. MAARTEN
TJSJ           279    166   N18°26'21.83" W066°00'07.68" LUIS MUNOZ MARIN INTL

Now usualy on my second page I get discontinuity message after TRNKY where I get stucked since I do not know hot to get rid of that. ALso I did tried to use STAR and SID that matched TRNKY , in my case rwy 10 departure (forgot exact star but with TRNKY transition) and I used ILS 10 arrival and KOTME transition .

Since I am new to FMS I am almost sure that I messed up with route most likely or stars and sids. SO I would apreciate simple explanations :)

Help is apreciated.

Thank you

FMC has "copy" function. Removing discontinuity in CRJ FMC is quite different than removing it in A320 family MCDU.

For example, last waypoint in my route is LUMUS and I select LUMUS1R arrival. I will get a discontinuity.

It will look like this:

RTT

LUMUS

------------

LUMUS

MIPRO

BASTA

CI30

I make sure that I have correct arrival procedure loaded and them I press the button right next to lower/second. LUMUS is then copied into the scratchpad. Next thing you want to do is to insert this copied LUMUS waypoint using a button right next to the first LUMUS waypoint. This will overwrite the waypoint in it will remove discontinuity. The only thing you have to do then is to press EXEC to confirm last LEGS modifications.

It should look like this after modifications:

RTT

LUMUS

MIPRO 

BASTA

CI30....

There is also a second type of discontinuity where you have discontinuity between two different waypoints:

RTT

-----------

LUMUS

MIPRO

BASTA

CI30....

All you have to do is copy LUMUS waypoint by pressing the button next to it and then insert it into discontinuity by pressing the button next to discontinuity space between RTT and LUMUS. Then you check modifications and confirm them using EXEC button.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. It will help. Yesterday I realised that on pltpln page I cannot delete them, but I also saw for first time LEGS page where I managed to remove discontinuity but I still got some weird issues.

More and more I think about it I think lot of problems I had was caused by using bad route and inserting aproximated sids and stars. Couple more day and i will be better at it.

ALso one weird thing was After I finaly took off, plane started to circle at one SID point (turn). At that point I got confused  since I thought it entered in hold but I did not activated it.

Today, I will try to look up better flight planning website. I did downloaded latest database I could find online (aero.sors.fr)

ANway, thanks for tips.

2 hours ago, Shtef Sklanjca said:

ALso one weird thing was After I finaly took off, plane started to circle at one SID point (turn).

This happens sometimes. You can go to DIRECT page then select and confirm the next waypoint.

A real CRJ has also some problems with FMC and autopilot accuracy (intercepting waypoints...), it has a much more unreliable FMS than Boeing or Airbus...

Archived