Not following route

Captain Fred97

Yes I have read the posting about weight etc. however, I use the Aerosoft fuel planner and generate a load sheet and use that in the MCDU. I just finished a flight--no landing from KDTW to KORD, a short flight. The flight plan was on the MCDU but couldn't land, LS was on, LOC was on but the A319 could capture the localizer or the glidescope. Moreover, the flight plans route was also strange, with some fairly sharp turns in it. I use Simbrief as my flight planner and send the file to the flight plans file.

I don''t know what I am doing wrong, but it is getting frustrating when the aircraft approaches the airport but doesn't land. Any and all help is appreciated.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Captain Fred97,

Do you have a screnshot how the route looks like on the ND? How about a .flp file from Simbrief so we can try to have a look ourselves and see if we can recreate.

Same problem here I used a plan as following EDDN RODIS L604 RUDNO T203 TIVDA T703 LULAR Z205 BUDEX Z37 GIMBO DCT PESAT DCT BABIT DCT RIGMU LYBE and the plane lost it's way in the triangle 'RUDNO-TIVDA-LULAR'. Unfortunately I didn't take the screenshot.

Yes I have the latest ver. of P3D and AIRAC (Navigraph). My System: Intel Core I-7 7700K CPU @ 4.8GHz, Corsair H100i v2, EVGA Z270 FTW-K, Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB PC 21300, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 , Windows 10 64 bit. 

I used A320 Lufthansa FL 350 ZFW: 60,427kg (Pax:176, Cargo:4400kg, Fuel: 8,897kg)

If you put my route into FMS you should see very odd circles close to mentioned triangle.

Ok next time I will. Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot. Yes. I did do the tutorial read and reread all the documentation, viewed YouTube videos on fly the Airbus Profession A318-A321. So I am puzzled why the aircraft didn't follow the flight plan.

Here is the flight plan. It is a short flight from KDTW (Detroit Metropolitan Airport) to KCVG ( North Kentucky/Cincinnati International Airport) : JINAK CUBOB DQN FRAAM CAMMS NEATS, cruise altitude 28,000, aircraft: A319-100 with 75 pax.

I have actually flown this flight on Delta twice. It's almost a commuter flight.

Hi

I also have the problem, that my bus isn't following the route anymore...

I dont know why, made the flightplan in simbrief, loadsheet generated, did all the checklists.

Is this because of P3D 4.4?

Is it necessary to have 4.5? 

Please login to display this image.

Routing VEBI3W VEBIT T50 ROTOS UZ669 VADAR DCT NINTU UN869 NASOS UL27 BLN BL1DCQ

LSZHLEMG01.flp

• Deputy Sheriffs
27 minutes ago, DrShadow said:

On 9/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Just make sure you are using the latest version of P3D as it might have to do with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

also have to report annoying "not following route" Problem from first waypoint after start !!!!!

with latest P3D V4.5.13.32097 Version downloaded on 7.10.19 and latest Airbus Professional v1.2.5 (re-download did not help)

also made INIT weight entry correct, using different SIMBRIEF routes based on latest Navigraph data cycle (data source in Aerosoft A320/321 configurator set on Navigraph too)

I am quite experienced with Airbus flying, Autopilot worked already before my two months Boeings flight phase

For me Looks like problem came with  latest P3D Version update, can somebody confirm on that?

What is problem solving state?

Kind regards

Berthod

On 9/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, DrShadow said:

Hi

I also have the problem, that my bus isn't following the route anymore...

I dont know why, made the flightplan in simbrief, loadsheet generated, did all the checklists.

Routing VEBI3W VEBIT T50 ROTOS UZ669 VADAR DCT NINTU UN869 NASOS UL27 BLN BL1DCQ

LSZHLEMG01.flp 362 B · 2 downloads

Hi

I know it dosnt help but i flew the first part of your route upto the screen shot you took and did not have any problems with the airbus following the route ... i use the latest P3Dv4 HF2 as well , one thing i did notice on your ND you had intersept showing before BREGO .. on my route the FMC for the route said KLO02 then BREGO using Navigraph 1910.

Rich

dear support Team

..also after following  tutorial flights procedure still  lacking NAV tracking in Auto Pilot mode with A320 (weigths correctly set in INIT 2 page, happens also without preselected SID STAR from SIM BRIEF, SID STARS directly programmed in FMC),

ask for help what to do..? does  it make sense to check, what happens with A319 plane?

latest Airbus Profess. Version 1.2.5

latest prepar 3D V4.5 Version

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, Berthold Ferstl said:

does  it make sense to check, what happens with A319 plane?

No, until you have different version of the Airbus installed. And are you sure that you exactly configured the Airbus as written in the tutorial? Forget everything what you have learned when flying a Boeing, the logic is completely different.

Also show us screesnshots like the one you made above, but also a closeup of the MCDU. And please make those screenshots during daylight (much easier to read). And attach the flightplanfile to your post.

Hi mopperle,

thx for answering

I followed tutorial procedure below with still existing Problem 

Just flew (here with A319) starting from Cold and Dark from EDDN by manually FMC Input simple route (means no additional way Points) direct to EDDS (here no SIMBRIEF CO route involved) with manually input SID and STAR, checking flight plan, sorrily only took that one Picture, will collect, more photo documentation might come with next Trial

Berthold

next Trial 

Route EDDN DKB GEBNO EDDS with SID STARs (see photos) inkl automated (Pilot/Copilot) Checklist procedure

V Speeds by flaps & Trim Setting, this time during engine start up (hope thats not critical, normally I did it before)

very strange routes change (pic 18ff) during take off Phase, plane Always straight, should turn left according original route

Deine Eingaben decken sich nicht mit meinen:

Deine Flight Level Eingabe ist viel zu hoch für diese Distanz.

Dort sollte kein Descend-Pfeil sein, dem kann das FMC nicht folgen.

Wenn ich mit FL120 rechne sieht man sowohl den TOC als auch TOD.

Wolfgang

Archived