Excellent Scenery LA GOMERA

Miguel_V

I hope this Upd, correct the error of the elevation of the houses in the air to the Left of the head of the RWY 27

Please login to display this image.

All the rest of the scenery excellent view, resolution and uplift from the ground

• Developer

Thanks for the positiv feedback.

Regarding the „flying“ houses I made several test to find a fix or workaround,

but looks like an internal problem of the sim engine. I as developer can only define where on the photoground is a building and its size, not the altitude, this will be calculated by the FS based on the mesh of the ground.

We see such issues in all island with a extrem rugged terrain (hope that is the correct translationen).

Maybe when the autogen visible distance is high, the building will be visable first, when the mesh is in a low density (LOD).

In flat areas no issue, as the change of the mesh altitudes are small. In such an area as in the canary islands maybe the recalc of the position fails at the next LOD level, so the building keep the position while the mesh goes down.

We only see the issue,  when flying into the area, not when the scenery is reloaded there.

The Canary Islands are incomplete without the next 2, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote.

¿Sim-Wings plans to incorporate these two, in the near future, as they did with Las Baleares.?

Archived