A3XXX FMC Panel will not light up!

fernandito1969

I have being looking through the manuals and try all switches that controls the panel lighting and could not find a switch to light up the FMC Panel could you point that out or advise how to correct this issue please?,

Note (Image): (Red) No Lighting on Panel....(Green) It's Good along all the rest of panels.

v/r

FRL 

Please login to display this image.

Hello my friend!  Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding things.

Before we get to your question... Circled in red in your screen shot is actually the FCU (Flight Control Unit).  Only Boeing aircraft have an FMC (and contrary to public/flight sim belief, it's not located on the flight deck, it's a black box located down in the Avionics Bay).  The Airbus has something similar, but it's called FMGS, but still a black box.   Terminology is everything in our hobby, and it pays to get the terminology down especially when going through the manuals, otherwise you'll be lost.

Under the FCU are two knobs and are the only knobs which are hanging down (they are not positioned straight ahead, but sideways).  These control the intensity is both the displays and the writing on the FCU.  (See graphic below).

There are two knobs located on the Captains side of the Pedestal which control the intensity of what you have circled in green (see graphic below).

You are correct, we didn't do a very good job on describing Virtual Cockpit Lighting.

Best wishes!

Thank you so much for the correction Dave and Yes, it's all good now. Wao! I did noticed those two knobs before but did not even though that they had a function, I thought the were part of the panel design. Awesome!..

Best

Archived