Altitude bug is getting ridiculous

A fix, or at least a working option to ignore airspace and restrictions on levels (or at least not ignore me when I select a MIN Alt/FL), would be nice.

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

The profile doesn't seem to be the problem, I get this completely arbitrarily, but with any profile for any aircraft at any odd time. This never happened with v1.x, but in v2.x it's been every 5-10 flights.

I put the exact same parameters in now, and it spit out N0322F110 instead. Not great still, but at least the route isn't a subway line anymore. Whatever addition in v2.x that causes this should be completely deselectable for those types of flights this level optimisation function isn't good at dealing with.

And why does it arbitrarily ignore MIN FL?

Thanks, but the arrival is not the issue, I never care what PFPX plans for SID and STAR (unless in the US, of course), as long as the start/end waypoint makes sense. The fuel difference will be marginal as long as it's the appropriate runway planned, and less than contingency anyway.

Srcooke: Thanks, I've used Cruise alt MAX and OPT a lot without any change at all. I've not deselected stepclimb. In any case it's obvious that the max/opt dropdown doesn't do what it's supposed to as it changed nothing in the original example (and neither did MIN, both were simply ignored).

I don't mind that there's an optimization function, most of the time it's really good! But I want to be able to turn it off when it goes haywire. The problem is that the mentioned options in place to modify/deselect only works when the funciton isn't going haywire, which isn't helpfull.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:32 AM, srcooke said:

The next occasion you have a similar issue try setting the CRUISE ALT to MAX and NO STEP CLIMB.

Stephen, I do this on every flight and do get good FLs. But my flights are limited to around 1.5hrs or less. What about 3-4 hour flights where a step climb would probably be required. Can PFPX calculate that correctly and come up with an initial realistic flight level?

Despite @FlightSimSoft.com posting earlier this year that issues would be fixed he has failed to announce anything and appears to have gone into silent mode yet again. Are you able to convince him an announcement is in his company's interest?

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stephen, I do this on every flight and do get good FLs. But my flights are limited to around 1.5hrs or less. What about 3-4 hour flights where a step climb would probably be required. Can PFPX calculate that correctly and come up with an initial realistic flight level?

I only use the option of MAX CRUISE & NO STEP if and when an issue arises which is generally on short trip length, other than that I leave as OPT with the step and have no issues.

Archived