PANC Professional - no parking options

rowcoach

Good evening,

I have PANC for both FSX and P3D. It is one of my favourite airports. I’ve noticed that when I land, the default ATC always directs me to Gate K - I think that’s what always comes up. I would like to park at one of the gates in C terminal, but no luck. This is true no matter what plane I’m flying or how full the airport is. 

Is is there a way to adjust this? Other than not following the default ATC Tower instructions. 

Cheers,

Colin

• Developer

First, it is not a PANC specific issue, more a FS releated situation.

When fly without an AI Traffic addon, the FS will search the list of available Gates based on the order in the AFCAD file and the first Gate found where the radius is >= the radius of your aircraft will be used. That is in the case of no other Taffic always the same one. There is radomized routine in the FS code.

You can use tools like AFX or ADE to change the order of the Parking gates, or you add a Airlinecode to the Gates and your aircraft.cfg. When a Airlinecode exists, the first fitting Gate with this code is used.

EDIT: The Gates C have the following Airlinecodes: ASA FFT SCX

When you use an Aircraft, which has one of this Codes in the related [fltsim.x] section in the aircraft.cfg behind the atc_parking_codes, it will be directed there:

atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_parking_codes=xxx

I don't think the parking codes are reognized for user aircraft - AI only. (User planes are only guided via size an order)

but isn't it possible to "ask" ATC for another gate?

• Developer
53 minutes ago, data63 said:

I don't think the parking codes are reognized for user aircraft - AI only. (User planes are only guided via size an order)

but isn't it possible to "ask" ATC for another gate?

No, FS9 was ignore the codes of the user aircraft, FSX and P3D use it.

The Problem is, that not all addon aircrafts have them in there aircraft.cfg.

And I never see a select option to ask for another Gate. Only another runway you can ask for on landing or depature, if active.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:44 PM, OPabst said:

First, it is not a PANC specific issue, more a FS releated situation.

When fly without an AI Traffic addon, the FS will search the list of available Gates based on the order in the AFCAD file and the first Gate found where the radius is >= the radius of your aircraft will be used. That is in the case of no other Taffic always the same one. There is radomized routine in the FS code.

You can use tools like AFX or ADE to change the order of the Parking gates, or you add a Airlinecode to the Gates and your aircraft.cfg. When a Airlinecode exists, the first fitting Gate with this code is used.

EDIT: The Gates C have the following Airlinecodes: ASA FFT SCX

When you use an Aircraft, which has one of this Codes in the related [fltsim.x] section in the aircraft.cfg behind the atc_parking_codes, it will be directed there:

atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_parking_codes=xxx

Thank you for the reply. I’ve noticed the ‘atc_parking_code’ not included on payware aircraft, so just assumed they weren’t used accept for AI. I use ADE, so editing the parking codes should be pretty straight forward. 

Thank again,

colim

Archived