Problem with flight path curves in ND at EDDF (PSA25S), A320 v1.2.5.0

Hello Gentlemen,

I'm having a problem with the curves of the flightpath drawn in the ND. The error occurs on the PSA 25S RNAV Transition of EDDF. I'm using the Version 1.2.5.0 A320/A321 and my P3D-Version is 4.4.16.27077. I'm using the current Navigraph cycle 1909. The whole route is EDDF ANEKI2A ANEKI Y163 PABLA DCT KOVAN T163 PSA PSA25S ILS25C EDDF. The waypoints of PSA 25S are: PSA CHA DF606 DF610 DF616 DF626 DF621 REDGO.

The following screenshots illustrates my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

Approaching CHA, notice the strange flight path drawn between DF606 and DF610

Please login to display this image.

CHA passed

Approaching DF606

DF606 passed, approaching DF610

Approaching DF616

Approaching DF626

Flight path

Hello Stephan, and welcome to the forums!

I just entered the route you were kind enough to provide and flew it, and I didn't see any issue.  I'm using Navigraph 1909 as well.  Below is my screen shot.

Are you sure that you selected Navigraph in the Airbus Configurator?

What I see has nothing to do with the PSA25S transition, unfortunately no screenshots of the FMC were attached.

But I can assure you that the Airbus normally displays and uses the transitions correctly.

Were the entries in the FMC correct?

Dave didn't use the transition, by the way, but a PSA STAR.

Wolfgang

Just an update on this.  We found a little issue when researching the OPs situation, and the reason that some of the arrival/approach is missing (see my post above regarding different waypoints) is that this occurs if the CHA transision is selected in the MCDU.  We're looking into this, but it works fine if you don't select a transition that is already part of the flightplan/arrival/approach.

Regarding the OPs situation, I flew the same route without any issues (so long as speed is not too high, I used 210 kts as this is what is used in real life).  OP is going to check that he has Navigraph selected in the Airbus Configurator, and that or his speed may have been the issue.

Best wishes!

2 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

What I see has nothing to do with the PSA25S transition, unfortunately no screenshots of the FMC were attached.

But I can assure you that the Airbus normally displays and uses the transitions correctly.

Were the entries in the FMC correct?

Dave didn't use the transition, by the way, but a PSA STAR.

Wolfgang

I did, but that is what created the issue in my route.  We're looking into this.

New Test with a different, but not pleasing outcome: 

At first ich checked my Navigation Data Source and it was set to NavDatapro instead of Navigraph:

So I switched it to Navigraph:

I checked the active nav database in the MCDU:

I inserted the whole route into in the MCDU and selected the approach for ILS25C with the PSA25S STAR/RNAV transition:

I checked the waypoints of PSA25S:

For me, the waypoints were OK and I inserted it into the flight plan:

And here the descent and the approach:

While passing DF610, the aircraft turned left instead of turning right:

And it performed a full 360 degree left turn around DF610:

After that it turned right to DF616:

After it passed DF616, it turned right to DF626 as expected:

But then it made an unexpected right turn:

And then a left turn again to DF621:

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the detailed report. It is being looked at. Do note that issue like this are not unheard of in the real aircraft.

See the image attached... that's a 320 being rather confused. We have got a very nice collection of those

3 hours ago, Sierra Charlie Mike said:

Wow! Thank you Mathjis. I did not know that the real Airbus has issues like that. 

Yeah, not just Airbus either, but Boeing and other aircraft.  It's sometimes not perfect in the sim or in real life, and when this occurs it is resolved by using the Direct To function or just using the heading mode.

2 hours ago, Sierra Charlie Mike said:

🙂 I guess calculating the expected or planned flight path in real time, is a very complicated task.

It is VERY complex code!  The Beta Team and Devs have been looking and talking about for the past 24 hours and we wanted to be sure we all understood the issue, especially since we found the second issue while looking at this. 

We can't give you an update on when this will be resolved, but we're actively pursuing it and will have it resolved in one of the future updates.

Many thanks for pointing this out to us my friend!

Best wishes!

vor 18 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

It is VERY complex code!  The Beta Team and Devs have been looking and talking about for the past 24 hours and we wanted to be sure we all understood the issue, especially since we found the second issue while looking at this. 

I'm a software developer myself and know those situations of reproducing, locating and fixing bugs. Especially when they occur in a production system ;)

We can't give you an update on when this will be resolved, but we're actively pursuing it and will have it resolved in one of the future updates.

Yes, ok. I'm able to use the DIR-function or select a heading to fly around it. I have a gut feeling that I made a mistake or have an error in my setup ... if I solve the problem I will send you a message.

Many thanks for pointing this out to us my friend!

You're welcome!

Best wishes,

Stefan

Archived