Forum thread for Microsoft (new) flight Simulator

Akki

Is there any intention from Aerosoft to deal with new MFS to be launched by 2020, i.e. to communicate the development and or perhaps participate in the development?

We are many FSX users who have spent a fortune on Aerosoft software through many years and we  feel now left behind if no such statement is occuring as you obviousely focus on other 64 bit solutions.

Please give us your feedback

Thanks in advance

Åke

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think once MS releases their new simulator you will hear a lot of details from all developers, including Aerosoft. 

But until then Microsoft keeps the cover over all details with tight NDAs (none disclosure agreements) with all 3rd party developers. 

So until Microsoft lifts these NDAs (with the release of the simulator latest) you will not learn details from any developer. 

But of course it is absolutely safe to assume that many developers, including Aerosoft, will join Microsoft with their new simulator as it opens up great new possibilities.

I am not sure that I understand your "feel now left behind" argument. What lets you assume, that Aerosoft, who is supporting ALL currently available simulators not only by development but also by promotion and technical support, will leave any customer behind. It wasn't the case with FSX:SE, it wasn't the case with P3D, it wasn't the case with X-Plane, ... See my point?

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Akki said:

Is there any intention from Aerosoft to deal with new MFS to be launched by 2020, i.e. to communicate the development and or perhaps participate in the development?

We are many FSX users who have spent a fortune on Aerosoft software through many years and we  feel now left behind if no such statement is occuring as you obviousely focus on other 64 bit solutions.

Please give us your feedback

Thanks in advance

Åke

Ake, I am not sure why you feel left behind. We were one of the very last companies who actively developed FSX add-ons and only stopped because customers stopped buying them. if we had enough FS2002 customers we would happily provide add-ons for that platform. We are very enthusiastic about the new sim and would love to do add-ons for it. But we'll need to see the the sim and SDK before we know of the technical and commercial options.

Just look our track record. We do add-ons for all versions of FSX, P3D, X-plane and AFS2. We are the ONLY company doing that. 

• 1 month later...

Great thanks Mathjis, sounds good to hear the positive attitude. As I said I have been in FS user since early 80-ies and remember when Aerosoft was introduced, also going online for the first time mid 90-ies downloading aircrafts etc.

I hope we soon will know how MFS2020 will look like, however ”they” claim conversions of 32 bit sceneries and aircrafts will not be possible. Let’s see.

Åke

Archived