DID CFD yesterday! AMAZING. Error report and suggestion.

Eduard Gasull

Hi guys i open this topic just to share my experience with CFD yesterday with 1.2.5 and for inform of just one problem we had and other small suggestion.

First of all, i want to say right know the CFD was so estable and whe didnt have any problem of sync. Its amazing the variety of thins are synd.  The quality of the was amazing.

My suggestion. is that it would be nice that the button of open/close and videocam would be syncd as well. to both see at the same time how the PF has his coffe and the PM just watch becuase its a ratbastard. hahaha. 

We had a problem pof pressure. the packs where on but for some unknown reason the preasurre was no working (see te picture)

Please login to display this image.

Thats all. Thanks for your time.

Eduard!

Many things (you may not have noticed, especially depending on how many hops you have to the CFD server) have been fixed and will be coming out in the next update.  I don't believe the Video Camera Switch is one of them, but it was already reported.  I will take a look at the pressure in CFD today in the present Beta version of the Airbus, I had not noticed any issues with that recently, but I've been focused elsewhere.

With this coming update, I think of our CFD as moving from the Alpha stage to Beta.

I don't have an idea when the next customer update will come out, but it can't be too far off.

Best wishes!

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Many things (you may not have noticed, especially depending on how many hops you have to the CFD server) have been fixed and will be coming out in the next update.  I don't believe the Video Camera Switch is one of them, but it was already reported.  I will take a look at the pressure in CFD today in the present Beta version of the Airbus, I had not noticed any issues with that recently, but I've been focused elsewhere.

With this coming update, I think of our CFD as moving from the Alpha stage to Beta.

I don't have an idea when the next customer update will come out, but it can't be too far off.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave, in the update you are testing, is MCDU sync'd?

And fueling? Or each pilot has to refuel the plane?  

32 minutes ago, klisura said:

Hi Dave, in the update you are testing, is MCDU sync'd?

And fueling? Or each pilot has to refuel the plane?  

MDCUs are fully separate and sync'd.  PAX, Cargo and Fuel should be done after the other person has connected, and all they need to do is select Load Instant twice for the values to register.  We will likely work to improve that.

There are still a few issues we're trying to work out prior to sending out the update.

Best wishes.

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

MDCUs are fully separate and sync'd.  PAX, Cargo and Fuel should be done after the other person has connected, and all they need to do is select Load Instant twice for the values to register.  We will likely work to improve that.

There are still a few issues we're trying to work out prior to sending out the update.

Best wishes.

Thank you 👍

2 hours ago, klisura said:

Thank you 👍

Always welcome my friend!

After the next update, please consider joining us on Aerosoft Discord Server where there are 6 Aerosoft CFD Captains and others who are always looking for CFD Flights.  In the near future, we'll have some important and rather incredible news about what's going to be taking place there!

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

On 9/1/2019 at 10:33 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Best wishes.

maybe you have noted this errors, but if it helps, here is wat whe notice in tree CFD whe have done.

-apu start button has sync problems. just the start button. we need to push that button at the same time.

-antiskid button is not sync.

-at certein point of flight the ecam stop sync. at the beginiing of the flight is perfectly sync but after 2 hours of flight the ecam stop sync anymore. same for flaps (but not always)

-the pressure is not working ok on the pilot who join the session. So the pilot who create the session pressure works of but for the one who join the session pressure will not work.

-radio on/off button is not sync. so both pilot need to turn on the radio at the same time.

- the touchdown of the planes are not sync very well. for example. If make touch of 230 ft/m the PM, will have a smother touchdown of 79ft/m.

-videocam button and door lock button are not sync. 

-just sometimes, the mdcu flicker when other pilot add data. but are perfeclty sync and separete.

-the MCP panel, sometimes gives flicker or change mode atomaticly. 

anyway the flight can be done from A TO B with no problems and the experience is amazing. I think the huge work its done and it only need to be polish in a few things.

Congrats!

Thanks very much for these reports, we are aware of them and many are already resolved in the current Beta, and we're working to correct the others and several others.

Thanks again!

Best wishes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A friend of mine and I did now 3 flights and after some "start issues" we were able to finish everyflight.

I think, CFD is still a WIP, most of the reported issues have we seen also on our flights:

- APU Start sometimes work, sometimes not. Workaround: We are doing the APU Startup parallel.

- the pressure is not working [..] Cant confirm that. On all 3 flights we had no issues with the QNH but we both are using the same weather engine.

- We recognized if we both work in the MCDU, the MCDU stuck always for one of us. Meaning: 1 is not be able to do any input anymore in the MCDU (doesnt matter 1 or 2). Only a complete reload of the Sim is solving this issue. We also recognized sometimes if 1 is setting up the MCDU, it stucks too for some reason.

Am I right if the Buttons of the MCP are still only working for the PF and not synced if the PM is doing something? The strange thing here is, that on our 3 flights it works partially.

Some suggestion on that point:

I would really like it if both Pilots are able to handle the buttons of the MCP, Overhead etc. at the same time and fully sunced. (Is this a future milestone to have this fixed?) 

For PF and PM I would priorize the inputs from the PF like throttel and spoilers and joystick. We recognized that eg. Spoiler, need to be set 2-3 times till its synced. Not sure this is a input issue or a sync issue.

Last flight we changed inflight from PF to PM (1 do the take off and climb, 1 the approach and land). We recognized that the plane was suddenly "jumping" shortly in the air but that just takes 5-6 seconds than everything was ok.

All in all, CFD is a REALLY nice feature and we are only planning our flights together cause it is much more fun than flying alone :)

We also looking forward for the A330 to do some long flights together :D 

Keep up the great work. Really nice and exclusiv feature!

Archived