Hard landing on every autoland

today i made an autoland cat 3 in madrid with wind 270/2 on ils32lz . my vspeed was -484 at touchdown with G. load of 2.4.

I don know if it ist the aircraft or something but this does not happend for example with other planes.

Maybe it its me. i dont now but i clearly need help with this.  so, coud you please modify something (if you repreoduce the issue) or at least make a tutorial or video tutorial with this new version on how to make an autoland to see if im doing something wrong or i missing any situation? (i know theres is thousands of video tutorial about this, but i haven found anywone with the new airbus. 1.2.5

prepard3D V4.5

activesky 

Thanks a lot  and kind regards

Eduard

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

-484 and 2.4g... that doesn't seem right. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your sim itself?

Like what? If the sim is corrupted or something? As far as I know the sin works well I have stable frames from 24-to 47 depend os the situation. Sometimes I have stuttering due to thermal throttling of my CPU (4790k) 4ghz. And I have an ssd and 1070 gtx8gb. Not to strong but enough. But in general every add-on runs pretty well. I actually update my sim from 4.4 to 4.5 and take the last version of Airbus with the hope of seen the problem resolved but the problem might be other.  So my question is what things i have to focus on to see if my simulator is going  Wrong? 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you sure you are not heavy?

Do you mean the landing wheight? It’s in green on the airbus fuel manager 

Another question that I have I why on fsx with the aerosoft airbus the previous version of professional I was able to have a successful autoland every time that I try when the condition of the flight where optimal to do so. And with the last version of professional on P3Dv4.4-.5 is 90% shure it’s going to be a hard landing 

Just a few questions.

1. On your next flight(s), would you kindly provide screen shots of your PAX, Cargo and Fuel numbers and take some screen shots showing the weights and calculated VSpeeds?  Also, please continue to provide the wind data and also which airport/runway you are landing at.

2. What are you using to measure your vertical speed and G load at landing (there are many programs which can do this)?

3. What are your frame rates just before touch down?

4. Were both Autopilots selected to On for landing?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just a few questions.

1. On your next flight(s), would you kindly provide screen shots of your PAX, Cargo and Fuel numbers and take some screen shots showing the weights and calculated VSpeeds?  Also, please continue to provide the wind data and also which airport/runway you are landing at.

2. What are you using to measure your vertical speed and G load at landing (there are many programs which can do this)?

Thanks in advance!

ok dave i will post them in one hour. 

I can answer just the 2th and 4th for know.

I use de bus printer. At gate, when i set the engines off, a print comes with the info of the fuel burn and the touch down vertical speed and other data.

When the bus suffer a hardlanding, when i break to the taxi speed near to leave the runway, the bus printer  autoprint the information with the hardlanding. 

yes both autopilots (1 and 2) are on.

I wil post the screenshots and other data in a hour, ing going to fly rigth now.

Thanks for the help and time guys. i really appreciate it.

Eduard

2 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

If you have the possibility please also post a video of the whole approach from about 5NM out until rollout.

ok. i will record it. i will have to slow down my settings cause the nvidia recorder consumes a lot of FPS with the sim. But yes i will provide it.

thanks again.

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

hello on todasy autoland, rate of 580 vs and g load of 3.1  data 

here are the pictures of the numbers cargo pax and fuel preor flight and during landing. Also you can see the video.

the wind was 220/8kts wind data form metar source airbus print. The real wind on landing was 234/6kts. see video. Landing at ILSZ24L LEPA PALMA DE MALLORCA SPAIN

Please login to display this image.

25 fps  with some stutters to 15 and 17 see video

2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

If you have the possibility please also post a video of the whole approach from about 5NM out until rollout.

Here you have the video of the full aproach. if start a little bit sooner than 5NM OUT ILS. Sorry fot that. 

AGAIN, THANKS FOR YOUT TIME AND SUPOORT.

KIND REGARDS EDUARD!

Well, from what I'm seeing, far too much turbulence is being injected below 1000ft, especially with only 4 knots of (roughly/mostly) headwind.  You not only see this on the flight deck, but vertical speed and engine thrust.  Also, I don't believe your minimums are set correctly, as the call is happening over the threshold and just a few feet about the runway.

I absolutely don't have the same issues on my flights, and i almost always land with great winds than what you experienced.

Best wishes!

17 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, from what I'm seeing, far too much turbulence is being injected below 1000ft, especially with only 4 knots of (roughly/mostly) headwind.  You not only see this on the flight deck, but vertical speed and engine thrust.  Also, I don't believe your minimums are set correctly, as the call is happening over the threshold and just a few feet about the runway.

I absolutely don't have the same issues on my flights, and i almost always land with great winds than what you experienced.

Best wishes!

So, if i understand wel.

l the problem might be actie sky settings?

the minumun altitud was set to 50 ft baro acording with CATIII ILS CHART. (SEE PICURE)

I was worng interpretatinng the chart? (im used to navdatapro format)

What do you think about the frame rate?

thanks again.

Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1I didn't pull the chart, I was just going on what I saw.  If 50 ft is the minimums, so be it!  But it sure seemed to call minimums a second or two before touchdown.

Yeah, I think it's you ActiveSky settings.  Try the CFG file I've provided below.  To apply these, unzip and place the Aerosoft CFD Weather Settings V1.1.cfg file in your Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\Options folder.  Then start ActiveSky, select Options, and then Select the Aerosoft CFD Weather Settings V1.1 profile under the Presets tab.  You'll have to re-start ActiveSky afterwards for the settings to take effect.

Hope that helps!

Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs

Off topic but the minimum on the chart says 50’ DH. DH is decision height and is a radar altitude and not a baro altitude.  ;)

1 minute ago, Frank Docter said:

Off topic but the minimum on the chart says 50’ DH. DH is decision height and is a radar altitude and not a baro altitude.  ;)

Thanks for the clarification. 

39 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Just an observation ..the airbus didnt flare when it was meant to

yep. it was always happen to me if make an autoland.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1I didn't pull the chart, I was just going on what I saw.  If 50 ft is the minimums, so be it!  But it sure seemed to call minimums a second or two before touchdown.

Yeah, I think it's you ActiveSky settings.  Try the CFG file I've provided below.  To apply these, unzip and place the Aerosoft CFD Weather Settings V1.1.cfg file in your Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\Options folder.  Then start ActiveSky, select Options, and then Select the Aerosoft CFD Weather Settings V1.1 profile under the Presets tab.  You'll have to re-start ActiveSky afterwards for the settings to take effect.

Hope that helps!

Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1.zip 812 B · 0 downloads

thanks for that! i wil try this on upload another video with the result a knowing that dh is radio altitud so lets see if the problem is gone!

2 hours ago, keenrw said:

Just an observation ..the airbus didnt flare when it was meant to

Yeah, that's  one of the things we we're talking around. I think that was due to the decision height, which I suspect the 50 ft was inserted into Baro instead of RA (Frank mentioned this).  Add the turbulence and what not, and basically the FMGS did initiate the Flare but it was so close to the ground it just didn't matter.  Garbage in, Garbage out so to speak (no offense Eduard, it's just an expression).

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, that's  one of the things we we're talking around. I think that was due to the decision height, which I suspect the 50 ft was inserted into Baro instead of RA (Frank mentioned this).  Add the turbulence and what not, and basically the FMGS did initiate the Flare but it was so close to the ground it just didn't matter.  Garbage in, Garbage out so to speak (no offense Eduard, it's just an expression).

after another flight and set 50 on radio. Same app procedure same runway with your active sky settings (after aply and restart) the problem still there. the plane does not flare. I will try with iae 321 tomorrow with out active sky and record the video. 

upload here. and see what happend. Also i have apply to the sim.cfg an anffinity mask acording to my CPU that has at least reduce a lot the FPS variation. 

thanks for your support guys. I really appreciate it.

Best regards

8 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

after another flight and set 50 on radio. Same app procedure same runway with your active sky settings (after aply and restart) the problem still there. the plane does not flare. I will try with iae 321 tomorrow with out active sky and record the video. 

upload here. and see what happend. Also i have apply to the sim.cfg an anffinity mask acording to my CPU that has at least reduce a lot the FPS variation. 

thanks for your support guys. I really appreciate it.

Best regards

Do you use EZDoc? If so, please disable and then try.

Also, what other addons do you have active during your flights?

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yes. I use ezdoc.

active sky asca 

GSX + GSX2

IVAP.

Sim Acars

14 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

19 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ok. so i make today a test flight. The flight was from rwy 24L lepa to ILSZRWY24L lepa. The radio dh was 50. and the winds depend of test flight. The first two where 0/0. and the last one was 230/7

I made 4 flights. and i recorded 4 videos.

1. without active sky and no ezdoc. RESULTS: Worked perfectly making a touchdown 180 Ft/m.

2. with ezdoc but no active sky. RESULTS: Worked perfectly making a touchdown of 35 ft/m aprox (video)

3. with active sky (with airbus preset) and no ezdoc. wind 230/7 qnh1016. RESULTS: Hard landing crash making a touchdown of 518 ft/m (video)

4. again active sky and no ezdock: see winds on video VRB/2KTS qnh 1016. RESULTS: worked but a little bit hard making a touchdown of 350 ft/m aprox.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME.

2. with ezdoc but no active sky. (video)

3. with active sky (with airbus preset) and no ezdoc. wind 230/7 qnh1016 (video)

4. again active sky and no ezdock: see winds on video VRB/2KTS qnh 1016. (video)

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME.

Just seems a little odd thou saying its Active sky when other aircraft are able to do a full autoland with out any problems ..i have done quite a few  autolands in the Ifly 737 747 all went fine using the same active sky program yet i have also run into the hard landing issue with the Airbus which is why i try not to do any autolands with it  if i can help it lol .

Thanks

Rich

Archived