The MCDU made me start the descent too soon

magna91

I  was flying from SBGL to SBPA, and the MCDU made me start to get off T/D 250 NM from the destination airport.
I was flying at FL320, I don't think it's such a strange altitude.
Moreover the speed managed, goes from 320 to 0 in a very short time. I always have to adjust it manually.

Route:

SBGL SID BITAK DCT VUDAV UN857 TIMVI --> VOR/DME 29-Y Via GIMPU--> SBPA

29 minutes ago, magna91 said:

I  was flying from SBGL to SBPA, and the MCDU made me start to get off T/D 250 NM from the destination airport.
I was flying at FL320, I don't think it's such a strange altitude.
Moreover the speed managed, goes from 320 to 0 in a very short time. I always have to adjust it manually.

Route:

SBGL SID BITAK DCT VUDAV UN857 TIMVI --> VOR/DME 29-Y Via GIMPU--> SBPA

There are both SIDs and STARs available for this route.  Did you use any of them?  If so, which?  If you didn't use a STAR, then did you manually set altitudes for waypoints along the route / descent path?  If you didn't use a STAR, and didn't manually set the altitudes for descent, that would explain why the TOD was so far out.

No I didn't use any STAR, and I didn't set any altitude manually. This I had done other times also following the indications of Ivao ATC, but I had no love with this problem, I had always fallen regularly automatically.
The problem of speed and what worries me the most for now, finding myself at cruising altitude and feeling that the plane stops pushing makes my legs tremble virtually.

According to your published route, which SID and STAR have you used?

These two according to the conditions at that time at the airport departure

SID for RWY 10 -- IH1A
SID for RWY 28 -- SURK1A

and the STAR for the VOR/DME 29Y -- UBRE1A Trans TIMVI Via AJAX

The via GIMPU, although possible, I would use AJAX

I understand completely, sounds likes you ate someone who takes their flights as a true simulation rather than jyst a game, thus you are a true flight simmer! You just need someone to show you a few things, and the very best way to do that is in Connected Flight Deck.

We have an update coming out soon that resolves many minor CFD issues, and after the update is released, I would urge you to schedule a flight with one of our CFD Captains on our Discord server. Some of our CFD Captains will be ready to fly with others next week. Here is a link to our Discord Server: https://discord.gg/WgK5vz7

Best wishes!

Archived