Fuel Planner TO/LA weight

jd_jay

Hi guys, ive noticed the for a long time but havent got round to posting, im surprised someone else hasn't posted and excited a fix by now for it.

In brief, why doesn't the take off weight and landing weight adjust and change when you alter the fuel quantity?? It only reacts to the weight sliders for passenger and cargo.

For example if you load the aircraft in such a way that it puts landing weight over in to the red using 10000kg fuel, if you take that out in quantities then the landing weight won't change and still stay in the red. Obviously this is the same for take off weight, taking to much fuel should drastically change the take off weight 

It does, but not if you enter the Total fuel amount manually in the lower right corner of the fuel planner.  Instead, you have to use the Fuel Planner as designed (enter all values).  I've found it best to use the Fuel Planner in Advanced Mode.

I will speak to the dev to see if we can update the values you mentioned if the Total fuel amount is entered manually, but for now I recommend using it as designed.

Best wishes!

22 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It does, but not if you enter the Total fuel amount manually in the lower right corner of the fuel planner.  Instead, you have to use the Fuel Planner as designed (enter all values).  I've found it best to use the Fuel Planner in Advanced Mode.

I will speak to the dev to see if we can update the values you mentioned if the Total fuel amount is entered manually, but for now I recommend using it as designed.

Best wishes!

Thank you for your reply.  That would be great, i feel it is something that should happen.  I know many many people just manually add in the fuel amount that they have obtained from PFPX or simbrief for example.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I was about to post a query on this.

If I can type-in a value in the Total fuel textbox, then to make the UI logical the weight & balance calculations should take account of that.

If it isn't then simply bar us from being able to edit the total fuel. Like the previous poster, I get a fuel figure from Simbrief.

Best Rgds,

Chris.

(I had been trying to use PFPX but sadly it doesn't appear the Airbus profiles there don't support Cost Indices - but that's a different topic)

27 minutes ago, CJ Reed said:

Hi there, I was about to post a query on this.

If I can type-in a value in the Total fuel textbox, then to make the UI logical the weight & balance calculations should take account of that.

If it isn't then simply bar us from being able to edit the total fuel. Like the previous poster, I get a fuel figure from Simbrief.

Best Rgds,

Chris.

(I had been trying to use PFPX but sadly it doesn't appear the Airbus profiles there don't support Cost Indices - but that's a different topic)

It's on our To-Do List.  Until then, I would use the method that I provided above, which as I described is how the Fuel Planner was designed.

There is no date we can provide you for updating the Fuel Planner, but rest assured it's on our list to do.

Best wishes!

Archived