ND range change CTD

Hello!

Today I was flying from EHAM to LJLJ with CRJ-900. I was cruising on FL370 inbound LATLO waypoint. I was expecting really bad weather and thunderstorms above Slovenia so I increased the range on ND to see how it looks on the weather radar. When I pressed the right button on the mouse to increase the range on ND, my simulator froze and crashed to desktop without message.

I opened Event Viewer to see what was the problem:

Napačno ime programa: Prepar3D.exe, različica: 4.5.12.30293, časovni žig: 0x5cd47aad
Napačno ime modula: ucrtbase.dll, različica: 10.0.17763.404, časovni žig: 0x490b0aeb
Koda izjeme: 0xc0000409
Napačen odmik: 0x000000000006e91e
Napačen id procesa: 0x1c98
Napačen začetni čas programa: 0x01d55a90babe66bf
Napačna programska pot: F:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Napačna pot modula: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Id poročila: ea2cc6ae-79eb-4d2b-a3ce-d270bc826892
Napačno polno ime paketa: 
Napačen ID programa, sorodnega paketu: 

Route: EDUPO UZ738 MISGO UZ741 GMH UL603 LATLO DCT OBEDI DCT LUMUS

I also had another problem at the gate in EHAM. Lights on buttons/switches were not working so I reloaded the airplane and then they were working.

I have never had a problem with ucrtbase.dll. Do you know what caused this crash?

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

It happened again today. I was climbing to FL300 LJLJ-LSZH flight, ROUTE: GIMIX1Z GIMIX DCT ERKIR L608 KPT UL856 NEGRA NEGRA1A. I was changing the range with right mouse button and my simulator froze and didn't recover.

I also wasn't able to finish my last flight because I had another Prepar3D crash. I was flying LJLJ-EDDF and I programmed the FMC on the ground at LJLJ for ILS 07R in EDDF. I was descending and ATC changed the runway configuration. I was flying inbound PSA and I wanted to change the arrival. I was already past the ASPAT fix which is a starting point of ASPAT4W arrival. I deselected the arrival, transition and runway in DEP ARR page. I was not able to change the runway. FMC was showing only 07L, 07C and 07R. Then I opened the LEGS page and I started deleting my waypoints including the runway (this fixed this problem when I had the same issue in the past) and my P3D froze. The same problem also happened few times before.

Do you know what might be causing those problems?

Yep,

Something similar happening here(V1.2.3.0).  When clicking over the Multifunction Display (24c in Tutorial PDF,  like HSI) in order to pop-up a bigger screen to read data, well, a CTD is likely to occur....

Not happening with EICAS displays,  but it is randomly happening with PFD..... 

So,  avoid clicking over it and everything will be fine for now until next update....

Happy Flying!

Ou  yes, very very real experience to me,

It is a random CTD but always when clicking MFDs(I can lovely move around using views, EZCA, etc etc, without any problems, no CTDs at all).    Actually, i was flying at the time i decided to go back and read this thread.  So, like trying luck i just to clicked copilot MFD and

....guess what....

Please login to display this image.

This CTD is always related to that DLL.... 

Yes i´ve read all kind of things about the DLL, the Avsim Guide, etc etc... but no solution so far.   So i just use EZCA camera movements to move around the MFDs and avoid CTD.    It is only happening when flying the AS CRJ, that is my experience...  BTW, i reloaded the flight, everything ok now 🙂  So lets continue to Slovenia!

Hope this is helpful somehow...

Happy Flying...

20 hours ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

Ou  yes, very very real experience to me,

It is a random CTD but always when clicking MFDs(I can lovely move around using views, EZCA, etc etc, without any problems, no CTDs at all).    Actually, i was flying at the time i decided to go back and read this thread.  So, like trying luck i just to clicked copilot MFD and

....guess what....

This CTD is always related to that DLL.... 

Yes i´ve read all kind of things about the DLL, the Avsim Guide, etc etc... but no solution so far.   So i just use EZCA camera movements to move around the MFDs and avoid CTD.    It is only happening when flying the AS CRJ, that is my experience...  BTW, i reloaded the flight, everything ok now 🙂  So lets continue to Slovenia!

Hope this is helpful somehow...

Happy Flying...

Nice to see that you are flying Adria Airways, because it is my home airline ;). But Adria Airways is now very close to it's end because half of their fleet was repossessed and it will most probably go bankrupt in a few days :(

Archived