We got a new video from World of Aircraft: Glider Simulator and are asking for some alpha/beta testers! Check this post.

Mathijs Kok

OnAir: Airline Manager (Released)

1 hour ago, ggerolamo said:

With horror I have discovered the usage costs on the homepage !!

i am sorry you find this a horror (are you not a bit exaggerating?). I checked on the OnAir servers to see if you have actually tried the product so that you speak from experience. I did not find it among the current users (but I do not have access to all accounts at this moment). That number is just under 1000 btw and we are getting a good deal of new users every single day.  When we interview those we see that around 65% intend to use the service when they have to pay. 

So while this obviously is not a product that will suit you we believe it will be commercially successful. And if you believe his is a rip-off and can explain how we could setup a service like this with much lower costs I will gladly take your advice! We have puzzled long and hard about how to keep the server costs down without compromising in any way.  We believe 4 Euro (plus VAT when applicable) per month on a 3 month account is very reasonable amount. If you do not feel so I wish you the best of luck finding a similar service at lower cost. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, it's  a good thing that everyone can decide for himself whether he likes it or not !
Unfortunately I personally have a complete dislike for such subscription software....
I know for sure that I won't be able to use it all the time (month for month), because I also have other things to do 😉
Therefore I prefer one-time payments - without expiration date....

In this case I can only hope for the 'December version' ...

so no offense, only my opinion

greetings
ggerolamo

Every software that needs a complex server component that is sold for a single payment is a in principle flawed. Your payment might pay for the first few months of use but after that there are three options for the developer, either you start to sell DLC for the game (while making the standard version outdated by 'accident') or you depend on new users to pay for the server (and that is a pyramid scheme) or you start using advertisements for payments. Somebody has to pay if you don't.

I find subscription based services like NetFlix, Spotify, Adobe, Office 356 etc etc fantastic value for money.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

I know for sure that I won't be able to use it all the time (month for month), because I also have other things to do 😉

One thing to keep in mind (which may still not be to your preference) but like other MMOs, you'll be able to stop your subscription and return whenever you like and your company will be there for you to continue playing, as you left it. This info comes from Antoine, the project manager of OnAir.

Jacob

Yeah but as he is a crazy frenchman (those who met him last weekend can tell that is a correct description) you misunderstood that. Currently that option is to 'pause' your airline, not the account. Let me explain.

Say you had one of your A330's fly to New York. That means you got a complete crew there.  They all will stay at hotels and get their daily spending money so until you can use them to fly back they will cost serious money.  If you happen to go on vacation that day you might come back and find a massive hotel bill and a crew that had a free two weeks vacation in New York.  If you pause your airline that big costs will be reduced to one small payment. That payment is intended to avoid people messing up the  real-time aspect of the simulation.

However I think we should consider linking the pausing of the airline to the monthly cost. Again we have to be careful not to mess up the real time aspects but I see how that could make sense. Will discuss it.

Translators wanted!

We are currently looking for translators to localize the interface of OnAir.  In exchange, you will always have access to the beta version and of course, you will not pay any fees.  We are looking for these languages: German, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Standard Chinese. If you like to help us out and make OnAir grow as it should contact me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

Btw, keep checking https://www.onair.company/ as that site is getting larger and larger.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:43 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, yes and no. If you got to https://www.onair.company/ you can just download the product and start using it without any limitation.  However we have decided to move the start of the paid accounts to Nov 13th (meaning that the 15 days of free use start at Nov 13th for all current users).  So basically 12 additional free days if you start now!

Thx I started 2 weeks ago I love it 

• Like 1