Complete & Unrecoverable Power Failure

gollum65

I've been flying the Aerosoft Bus Pro for months and this is the first time I've seen this happen.  I was cruising along at FL310, about halfway between Gatwick and Naples, and all of a sudden the aircraft had a complete power failure.  The batteries on the overhead indicated 28 volts each, but the APU wouldn't start and I had no way to power the aircraft back up.  What I THINK happened is that during pre-flight I may have forgotten to initialize the load sheet?  I don't remember for sure.  So my guess is, if I didn't load the load sheet that I must have run out of fuel?  Can anyone advise what fuel load the plane loads at by default?  If it's the fuel and payload from the beginning of the last flight, the last time I loaded the load sheet, it would have had more than enough fuel as that was a 4 hour flight.  Is it possible the aircraft loaded with the fuel that remained after that flight?  That would certainly make sense.

If I didn't run out of fuel, any ideas on what could have happened?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived