FMC too dark at night

I really like the work you guys are putting into the Bus ...  you have fixed so much that it is a joy to fly now. 

There is one area that is still in need of a little attention though,  on my system anyway, and that is the VC cockpit being a bit too dark especially the overhead panel, even with all lights at max.   The pic I have posted doesn't show this as I had the monitor and sim brightness settings up higher than normal (when switched to daytime was way way too bright). 

The main problem is the FMC's themselves when popped up the buttons are totally NOT identifiable....  as can be seen in the pic they cannot be seen.  This makes it impossible to fly at night....   please help as I'm getting more of an interest to fly at night.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH I do not see any need to change the nightlighting in the cockpit.

Regarding the popup MCDUs, try Shift+L.

This is what I see ith a calibrated monitor:
settings in P3D:

dome light ogg

dome light dim

dome light bright

2D MCDUs:

4 hours ago, aerostar said:

I really like the work you guys are putting into the Bus ...  you have fixed so much that it is a joy to fly now. 

There is one area that is still in need of a little attention though,  on my system anyway, and that is the VC cockpit being a bit too dark especially the overhead panel, even with all lights at max.   The pic I have posted doesn't show this as I had the monitor and sim brightness settings up higher than normal (when switched to daytime was way way too bright). 

The main problem is the FMC's themselves when popped up the buttons are totally NOT identifiable....  as can be seen in the pic they cannot be seen.  This makes it impossible to fly at night....   please help as I'm getting more of an interest to fly at night.

Thanks

In principle, I agree the Airbus Flight Deck is too dark, and when I raised the issue internally with some of our real world A320 captains/FOs I was told this is largely the case in the actual aircraft.

That said, there is something that might help you.  Over many years we've run across flight simmers that for whatever reason, have monitors which are not correctly calibrated - in fact mine 4 monitors needed calibration as well back in the day!

Start by using a terrific little freeware program called Calibrize.  Set NVIDIA Control Panel Desktop Color Settings to NVIDIA and then set the following sliders:

Brightness to +50%

Contrast to +5-%

Gamma to +1.00

Digital Brightness to +50%  (you can go up to 60% for a 4K TV if you have to, but no higher)

Hue to 0 degrees.

Then run Calibrize, and set the different values using your Monitor or 4K TV built in functions.

Set HDR Off in P3D and test.  If good, leave HDR off in P3D.

Should you need further adjustments for your display for all programs, adjust the values in NVIDIA Control Panel (but you shouldn't need to, so if you do this then do so very little).

Should you need further adjustments in P3D, turn HDR back on and adjust as needed.

That should do it.

Let us know how you make out!

Best wishes!

Same issue here. Everything perfect except for the third MCDU. Third MCDU is too dark. HDR enabled.

The screen lighting is too dark. Both other MCDUs are ok. See my picture.

Left is shining, right is not.

Nope. I even deleted the shaders folder of P3D before this particular flight. Using Nvidia driver from about 2 weeks ago.

Mhm on your screenshot even the keys shine. Mine do not.

Btw. I absolutely believe you, that yours is working. I can see it on your screenshot. But we have to find out why some customers are having this issue obviously. :)

Maybe I can post a screenshot after my current flight. The quality of the photo is not good.

vor 1 hour , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Looking at your screen shot, are you running some type of light addon on the flight deck?

Do you mean my photo? If yes, no addon used. Neither for lighting, shaders nor tweaking.

Archived