Florence X SP2-Update causing fatal Error during loading

earnorbust

I had the first version of Florence X (V1.02) working fine with my 64bit Vista system. Now, after uninstalling it and reinstalling the new Florence X SP2-update version (V1.04) - FSX stops loading with an error:

FSX has detected a problem with 3rd party software program (add-on).

Name: bglmanx.dll

Version: 2,4,0,2

Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s.

File: bglmanx.dll

This error forces me to load FSX without use of the Addon Manager - and all my paid utilities and sceneries like Zurich, Florence, Rom, Orlando, etc.

Everything was working fine before installing the Florence X update!

How do I solve this problem?

Try downloading the file again, because there was a wrong version on the server for a very short period of time, maybe you were just unlucky to get it before it was fixed.

Note: is suggested to first clear your browser cache, you might risk getting the wrong file again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi virtuali

Same problem with by me and I downloaded the 1.04 version yesterday.

Can't use Zurich and other add on manager based scenery.

Have a Vista 64 BIT OS

Bye,

David

Have you tried the usual two Vista suggestions ?

Turning off UAC

Turning off DEP

If still fails, have you tried the standalone Addon Manager installer we have on fsdreamteam site ? The program is exactly the same as Aerosoft's, but the installer does also an automatical cleanup of older esellerate files, that might fix the issue.

There shouldn't be any difference at all, with regard to Vista 64 support. They both work.

Try doing the following:

delete these files from FSX root:

bglmanx.dat

bglmanx_aerosoft.dat

bglmanx_fsdreamteam.dat

then reinstall our standalone Addon Manager 2.4.0.2. It might be that, for some reason, the installer wasn't able to update these files.

Hi, virtuali. I hope, you're still around. I had to reinstall my florence scenery on my newly formated system (Vista Home Premium 64).

At first, the addon manager didn't show up under addons. Only FSUIPC. Then I downloaded the new addon manager from the cloud 9 website. I guess it's the same deal, since it's number is 2.4.0.2. I assigned it as trusted software and now my installation of FSX doesn't start at all. It simply doesn't load without turning up any error.

I have also tried to manually remove the above mentioned files, but I haven't got bglmanx_fsdreamteam.dat. That didn't help either.

I have also tried to manually remove the above mentioned files, but I haven't got bglmanx_fsdreamteam.dat. That didn't help either.

That's no problem. If you haven't installed Zurich, it's normal you don't have this file. Just remove the bglmanx*.dat files you have, and reinstall.

Do you, by chance, have FS Copilot ? There's a known issue with it, it apparently leaves Simconnect in a faulty state, blocking addons that are loaded after it.

If you have it, try to change the loading order of modules in your DLL.XML file ( found under %APPDATA%MicrosoftFSX ), and move Fscopilot.dll entry, the whole section, included the <Launch> </Launch> tags, to be loaded as last.

Thanks for coming back. Problem is, that no solution seems to work. Since I didn't have very much installed, I removed FSX completely and gave it a new try with only FSX, SP1, Xclass Europe and the new Florence installer provided on the homepage.

But as soon as I activate Addon manager (luckily I didn't trust it this time), FSX crashes right afterwards. If I start up without it, there's no problem whatsoever. This time I didn't use the new addon manager, but the one coming with the new Florence file.

It's interesting, that I haven't got that kind of problem with fs9 running on the same system and the whole range of cloud 9, addon manager protected, products.

Edit: OK, scratch that. I downloaded the manager from fsdreamteam and it works. The cloud 9 one seems to be as outdated as their whole website although it features the same number.

Just one last question: If I install Rome afterwards, will it try to overwrite the newer manager?

Edit: OK, scratch that. I downloaded the manager from fsdreamteam and it works. The cloud 9 one seems to be as outdated as their whole website although it features the same number.

All right, this is good to hear, then I guess Cloud9 must still have something old in their installers as well (they maybe mixmatched the latest dll with the old dat files). I'll report it to them.

Just one last question: If I install Rome afterwards, will it try to overwrite the newer manager?

All installers use file/date and version checking. An older installer should't overwrite newer ones. As an additional precaution, the latest FsDreamteam installer will now always update even Cloud9's product databases...

Well, Rome is certainly doing the nasty. As nasty as it can possibly get.

At first, installing ruined again my installation of FSX. I had to set back my system and reinstall addon manager to get FSX up and running again.

Then I wanted to unlock the scenery. Tough luck. I tried it three times, getting to step 8 of 8, telling me, that I had been successful. But closing the window led me to a window telling me, that no transaction has been made and Rome was still in trial period.

So my best guess is, that I can trash X city Rome, since cloud 9 is obviously taking their own sweet time in updating any of their sceneries.