Necessary clean install before update 1.2.5

mtlt

Hello,

when i choiced a full install for the  1.2.5 update, i used the panel of windows 10 for the uninstallation of the 1.2.4. I tested on a flight and i had some bugs. I look for in the folders and i see some files of the previous 1.2.4 update in : user/appl data/roaming/p3d v4.5 . I erased those manually with some others old files that dated since the previous install. The uninstallation with the win 10 program is not enough complete.

Now all seem clean and i test today with a flight an all was OK.

Really it's important to check a meticulous uninstallation.

Michel.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting as those files contain only the engine hours.

And they are created by P3D and not the installer or the aircraft itself.

Thats also the reason why they are not uninstalled when running the uninstaller

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 5:13 PM, mtlt said:

Hello,

when i choiced a full install for the  1.2.5 update, i used the panel of windows 10 for the uninstallation of the 1.2.4. I tested on a flight and i had some bugs. I look for in the folders and i see some files of the previous 1.2.4 update in : user/appl data/roaming/p3d v4.5 . I erased those manually with some others old files that dated since the previous install. The uninstallation with the win 10 program is not enough complete.

Now all seem clean and i test today with a flight an all was OK.

Really it's important to check a meticulous uninstallation.

Michel.

What kind of bugs did you have? Did you remember all of them?

Archived