install 1.2.5.0 no vehicles - solved

SeaJunk

I had an installation problem similar to @globetrotter over here

After uninstalling a working 1.2.4 and installing 1.2.5 as i had done in the past, no airbus vehicles were available and the add-in wasn't listed in the p3d startup add-on pane.

The A320-A321 entry looked ok in add-ons.cfg and lorby reported no issues, the entry was shown in packages and other addons.

The fix

The A320-A321 add-on.xml file had an entry for fonts even though no fonts directory was installed in the path. For reference im on Win10 1903.

I used Lorby addon organizer to remove the fonts component and saved the xml file. Lorby also reformats it slightly to take out the "empty" lines.

The add-on now appears in the p3d add-on pane and the aircraft in the vehicles pane.

I had a very similar problem with Imaginesim WSS and its cfg file, so there may well be something generically wrong with my system but i thought the post might help for posterity.

Note also when uninstalling the busses, the entry was not removed from add-ons.cfg (C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 hours ago, SeaJunk said:

The A320-A321 add-on.xml file had an entry for fonts even though no fonts directory was installed in the path.

No it does not. Meanwhile I installed and uninstalled the RTM version a million times to check various "bugs" being reported amd there is definitely no such entry.

18 hours ago, SeaJunk said:

Note also when uninstalling the busses, the entry was not removed from add-ons.cfg (C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\) 

Also not true. Uninstalling the bus removes those entries.

Maybe you have not sufficient rights or any leftovers due to using such tools like the Lorby Organizer or whatever.

And to be clear: there is no good reason to use such tools. Let the installer do their job and stop fiddeling around manually or with such tools. They do more harm then they are usefull.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived