TCAS no indications

pluto7777

When climbing or approaching busy airborts as LFMN or KJFK i have no TCAS indications, everything else on NAV display but not one white diamond... TCAS is put to on ad tried all distance settings. P3Dv4 and realtraffic is injecting traffic ; about 50 to 100 acft on RT radar scope, but nothing on TCAS....

Can it be related to P3D crash settings ? Ex: TCAS not working if ignore crashes... in this case that could be the cause...

No, has nothing to do with "ignore crash". This Option is essential if you fly online 🙂

But look inside:

Dokument Folder: Vol4-Systems, Page: 58

Above and Below Switch:
• Mode “N”: >= - 2700 ft and <= +2700 ft
• Mode “ABV: >= - 2700 ft and <= +7000 ft
• Mode “BLW”: >= - 7000 ft and <= +2700 ft

If you switch "all" this is similar to Mode N. So you get only traffic shown 2700ft below your actuall FL, or 2700ft above.

Wolfgang

Thx Wolfgang, but checked all that, even at complete flights to FL 330, not one indication during the whole flight at all altitudes. I remember having good and much TCAS warnings, earlier times , when approaching airports with FSX and P3D, but i guess i never had TCAS working after upgrade to 64 bits and P3Dv4

Just discovered important info:  when i stop Realtraffic and put traffic slider in P3D to 100%, then my TCAS  works OK and shows immediately 3 to  5 acft around KJFK !!  so TCAS settings are set OK after all... i suspect my TCAS is only not detecting Realtraffic acft

2 hours ago, pluto7777 said:

Just discovered important info:  when i stop Realtraffic and put traffic slider in P3D to 100%, then my TCAS  works OK and shows immediately 3 to  5 acft around KJFK !!  so TCAS settings are set OK after all... i suspect my TCAS is only not detecting Realtraffic acft

Well, you beat me to it!  That is indeed the case.

This would be something the developer of RealTraffic would have to look at.

Many thanks for your research into this my friend, and job well done!!!  (In the Navy, we call that a Bravo Zulu!)

I'm going to send you a Private Message on something that is not related to this.  I hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes!

Some more info: i just did a test by appoaching a very busy airport as JFK; there was very much activity and then i got 1 aircraft, only one was showing up on TCAS from 50nm till landing... so it does detect, but only  one out of many...

Hello,

via PM i got this explantion from Janus  (JSS Simulations):

I suppose this fix is ment for acft from JSS, but when he mentions that TCAS was written for FSX and so these adaptions were are necessary, then i presume also necessary for airbus ?

The TCAS was written for FSX and can sometimes give you not the correct action in prepar3D. So in other words just a VSI.

In the aircraft folder you will see a panel folder. In the panel folder you'll find panel.cfg.  Scroll down till you get to the Vcockpit03....

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL FOR PREPAR3D

[Vcockpit03]

Background_color = 0,0,0

size_mm = 1024,1024

visible = 1

pixel_size = 1024,1024

texture = $c160_03

///gauge00=JSS_C160.B!xpdr,  0,0,1,1

///gauge01=JSS_C160.B!display,  327,346,512,400

///gauge02=JSS_C160.B!engine,  0,997,20,20

///gauge03=JSS_C160.B!audio,  0,0,20,20

To activate the tcas delete forward slashes from gauge00 to gauge03. Now put forward slashes in front of gauge04 and save.

NOW IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS

[Vcockpit03]

Background_color = 0,0,0

size_mm = 1024,1024

visible = 1

pixel_size = 1024,1024

texture = $c160_03

gauge00=JSS_C160.B!xpdr,  0,0,1,1

gauge01=JSS_C160.B!display,  327,346,512,400

gauge02=JSS_C160.B!engine,  0,997,20,20

gauge03=JSS_C160.B!audio,  0,0,20,20

To reset just reverse the steps as example for prepar3D

• Aerosoft

That has nothing to do with the airbus, it seems they have special gauges for the sims and their installer does not handle the correct installation for each version.

Again, we are pretty sure that our system does what it is supposed to do. Again the fact there are aircraft around does not mean they are shown, only when the system believes there is possible conflict will it activate.

OK guys,  just found the solution from Niko from PSXSeecontraffic:  In FSUIPC i had to adapt the TCAS range (unlimited)  to a realistic 40Nm as set in lateral range in PSXT/RT.

Now TCAS is working !  Thx all for your help !

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That has nothing to do with the airbus, it seems they have special gauges for the sims and their installer does not handle the correct installation for each version.

Again, we are pretty sure that our system does what it is supposed to do. Again the fact there are aircraft around does not mean they are shown, only when the system believes there is possible conflict will it activate.

That's what the TCAS has to do, there may be 30 or more aircraft around your aircraft, if none of them have conflict of heading, altitude and minimum safety distance, none will appear on the screen and alarm warning

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, pluto7777 said:

OK guys,  just found the solution from Niko from PSXSeecontraffic:  In FSUIPC i had to adapt the TCAS range (unlimited)  to a realistic 40Nm as set in lateral range in PSXT/RT.

Now TCAS is working !  Thx all for your help !

We are not using FSUIPC in any way in our Airbus. But if this works for you, great!

Archived