Red Spots at Anchorage PANC

seiermax

Just downloaded latest version 1.1.2.0 of Anchorage. When starting P3DV4 at PANC, active runway 23L, I see some rather strange red clouds in the cockpit view.

In the outside top down view I can't recognize anything unusual.

Changing the various settings in the config tool does not make the issue go away.

Also deactivating the ORBX Southern Alaska files does not help.

Any idea what I am doing wrong???

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Did this red "clouds" change the color in white, when you slew upwards?

It looks like, that this are the lights of the PAPI, which are displayed not correct as they should. It looks like the texture is fallen in a low MipMap, so the lightpoly is displayed to big.

I could not reproduce it and have no idea what can generate this.

Can you check the runwaylights at night, if they looks the same?

TY, Oliver, for your response.

It is indeed the PAPI. When I approach the red cloud in slew mode it turns from red to red+white and then to white.

The runway lights at night dont look to good too.

But now I have found the probable cause for the problem. For whatever reasons my Prepar3D.cfg was damaged, and the field "Texture Resolution" in the P3D Options - Display field was empty.

Selecting a reasonable value (High - 2048*2048) for this field solved the problem.

I could definitely reproduce this effect as I had the old Prepar3D.cfg stored as backup in SimStarterNG.

So this is not a problem of the Anchorage scenery, but it was some EBCAK (error between chair and keyboard) on my side - I obviously should have checked the Graphics Options first ...

• Developer

Thanks for the feedback.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived