Question about Sceneries, Aircraft and more...

EmanuelAFreitas

Hi,

I don't know if have a same topic but my option is create a ticket for my question.

As you know, the game Microsoft Flight Simulator X is not selling on microsoft or original licence. But the Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition all people can buy to enjoy this game. If i buy a scenery, aircraft or tools for FSX will work in FSX:SE ?

Best Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Simply read the System Requirements on the product page of the product. If it is not clearly stated that it works in FSX:SE, no guarantee given.

7 minutes ago, EmanuelAFreitas said:

Hi,

I don't know if have a same topic but my option is create a ticket for my question.

As you know, the game Microsoft Flight Simulator X is not selling on microsoft or original licence. But the Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition all people can buy to enjoy this game. If i buy a scenery, aircraft or tools for FSX will work in FSX:SE ?

Best Regards

It's a GREAT question Emanuel, and I'm happy you posted it in our forum.

As far as I know, there are only about 6 products made for FSX that are not compatible with FSX:SE, and none of them are scenery (on other words, I don't know any any scenery specifically made for FSX that is not compatible with FSX:SE).  The ones that are not compatible are a few payware aircraft and one utility called Sound Stream which allows for the sound of the simulator to continue when the FSX Windows is not in focus (this utility wasn't used by too many people).  You should also be able to Google "FSX Steam Product Compatibility" or similar wording to find a list of known compatible and non-compatible products.

Our store should list compatibility with the various sims for all our products.

FSX:SE is an excellent upgrade of FSX Acceleration. The biggest upgrade is that FSX has a problem with processing autogen on multi-processors whereas the same processing is duplicated.  FSX:SE fixed this.  Another fix is that you can install FSX:SE to it's default location in Program Files X86 folder without concern for folder permissions.

Best wishes!

Archived