Installation problem

Hello

I am having trouble with my installation of the A320 professional series into P3d v4.5. I have downloaded the update and ran the installer, pointing to a stand-alone folder called "A320 family" outside the P3d root folder. I have ran the Aerosoft updater and it states the products are installed and it states Prepa3D is found, yet  the aircraft do not appear in my vehicle menu in the setup. I have search under Aerosoft and ensure it is nothing to with "favourites" being selected. I've also restarted mu computer after install. Any other suggestions what I have missed?

thanks

2 hours ago, globetrotter said:

Hello

I am having trouble with my installation of the A320 professional series into P3d v4.5. I have downloaded the update and ran the installer, pointing to a stand-alone folder called "A320 family" outside the P3d root folder. I have ran the Aerosoft updater and it states the products are installed and it states Prepa3D is found, yet  the aircraft do not appear in my vehicle menu in the setup. I have search under Aerosoft and ensure it is nothing to with "favourites" being selected. I've also restarted mu computer after install. Any other suggestions what I have missed?

thanks

Please check your Add-on.cfg in the ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d folder and ensure that the path is correct to where you installed the Airbus.

21 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Please check your Add-on.cfg in the ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d folder and ensure that the path is correct to where you installed the Airbus.

I've had some slight success. First of all, none of the aircraft features at all in my add-on.cfg.  I have tried to manually add them using Lorby's Addon manger, and now the aircraft appear. However they are attracting 2fps whilst everything else is running at 30+fps so clearly something is not right. 

Basically, I have all my addons on a separate SSD, P: drive. Within that drive I created a folder called ""A320 family"" and pointed the installer to this. So the folder set up is P:\A320 family\ \Aerosoft A318-319 Professional and A320-A321 Professional. Could you please advise what Add-on.cfg entry I should create?

Many thanks. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is something totally wrong with your installation.The installer does a perfect job, no manually tasks needed. I asssume that you did something with your P3D installation that doesnt allow the installer to make the necessary entries in the config files.

Make fresh install of P3D, run the installers as Administrators, do not apply any fancy tweaks, do not use tools changing default files etc. and you are good to go.

58 minutes ago, mopperle said:

There is something totally wrong with your installation.The installer does a perfect job, no manually tasks needed. I asssume that you did something with your P3D installation that doesnt allow the installer to make the necessary entries in the config files.

Make fresh install of P3D, run the installers as Administrators, do not apply any fancy tweaks, do not use tools changing default files etc. and you are good to go.

Hi Mopperle

There's nothing wrong with the P3D installation as there are 100+ other addons working flawlessly so I won't be running a fresh install anytime soon unless totally necessary. Anyway, all good, reinstalled again and this time it's appeared in the Add-ons.cfg. The sequencing was wrong but once I fixed that it appears to be fine.

6 hours ago, globetrotter said:

Hi Mopperle

There's nothing wrong with the P3D installation as there are 100+ other addons working flawlessly so I won't be running a fresh install anytime soon unless totally necessary. Anyway, all good, reinstalled again and this time it's appeared in the Add-ons.cfg. The sequencing was wrong but once I fixed that it appears to be fine.

It's very common to believe this.  However the Airbus Pro was created using the latest P3Dv4 compilers whereas most (if not all) airliners use the older compilers.  There is more to it than just this, but our Airbus uses parts of the P3D code that aren't used by other aircraft, so one really can't compare the two and it most certainly could be that P3D is the culprit here.

I hope this helps!

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It's very common to believe this.  However the Airbus Pro was created using the latest P3Dv4 compilers whereas most (if not all) airliners use the older compilers.  There is more to it than just this, but our Airbus uses parts of the P3D code that aren't used by other aircraft, so one really can't compare the two and it most certainly could be that P3D is the culprit here.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Dave, perhaps, but as I say a P3D re-install is the last resort rather than the first thing to consider. Anyway, all good now I think.

cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived