Microsoft AND the Community, PLUS FSX Future!!

sf4JC

Here is a post from the SOAR Main Page...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Updated 9th August 2019 - by Scott (sf4JC)

Hey all you FSX pilot's, Microsoft has some good news coming if I read
it right.  Sounds like Microsoft has regained control of FSX, and it may
continue for a while into the future.  More info on that shall be coming
soon from Microsoft.  Hey, again, I just want to reiterate to everyone,
I believe good things are coming ahead of us no matter if you are
flying FSX OR wanting to be a part of the new Flight Simulator title.
Please GOTO  https://www.flightsimulator.com  to keep up to date on
all the interactions between Microsoft AND the flight sim community.

That said, I want to encourage the real glider pilots in the community,
as well as you non-real life glider pilots to join the beta program if
you can to give feedback where at all possible.  I believe Microsoft
really wants this to be a huge success this time around.

More news to come, THANKS for dropping in!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

There you have it, head on over to the Microsoft Flight Simulator site for up to date news and findings.  Let's help Microsoft make this communication between them and the community successful!

Scott

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the compliment, Peter!  Truth be known though, I took somewhat of a "leave of absence" for about 4 or so years, but still keeping track of a few things at the site here and there, especially the forums (sure has been quiet around here, with help or direction if I could give it.)  Hopefully some of the glider community comes back around, but I did some "research" about Condor 2 that came out some time last year that keeps most of them busy I bet, and it may take a lot to win some of the old gang back.  In fact, I had been contemplating adding Condor and Condor 2 to the menu at SOAR, but my final decision was to leave it alone.  And then I think I made a good decision by keeping it out with talk of a new Flight Simulator title coming out from Microsoft.  I've really got my hopes high about the new Flight Simulator title, not to mention my hopes for FSX if all goes well.  I've been waiting for some FSX news from Microsoft, but that's been almost a month since last heard anything about it.  I've been wanting to make a few more online/offline glider races to see if there would be much attendance and about how many old and new members of the community there would possibly be.  I believe in my heart that SOAR can thrive again if I can just give it a little kick.

Thanks again Peter, and again Thanks for CumulusX! and WinchX!, as well as your Slope Data Base Tool! and everything else you have contributed to the glider community!  Once in a while I go through some of the alpha/beta testing that I got to be involved with with CumulusX!, and WOW, it's come a long way!

Scott

• 10 months later...
Guest No glider in the box!

Seems that since long MS did not include any glider in the release (c.f. list in  the aerosoft boxes).

Or did I miss something?

Yep, you observation is correct.  There are some that are saying though that it will be soon (or it will have gliders) because of some controller commands that were still in it's menu.  But I've seen that happen in another sim where they kept the code in it's programming from the beginning but only used it for the 1st release from what I remember anyway.  So it may be something the community has to come up with.  FSX was created with a terrible ridge lift "creation" tool that took a while to create something somewhat realistic (and it was a pain to create it in my opinion).  Peter did a wonderful job creating CumulusX! for FSX.  It was the best thing that ever happened to FSX.

Scott

Archived