Patchy Taxiways/Greyed out RWYs @ Madrid

jackp22

Hey everyone,

Really in need of some help as it seems like I've tried everything!

I bought and installed the Mega Madrid Barajas airport for FSX:SE -- and generally everything looks okay at first glance, but then I noticed there are random patches where the normal taxiways are just covered with grey blurry squares. This also includes the runways. If you look you can see the tire marks on the RWY so it seems like the runway is underneath the tire effects, maybe a similar case for the taxiways.

• FSX:SE
  • Top list on the scenery library 
  • No other Madrid scenery (apart from the overwritten default)
  • Tried multiple installs, as :SE and just normal FSX - all installed as admin and running on admin.
  • Display parameters all maxed out
  • No significant lag or low VAS
  • The install went fine!

I have literally no idea how to fix it. But if I'm paying to use a major airport... I want to be able to see the runway numbers, and have the runway not look like my local GA airfield...

A couple of pics vs. google earth:

Any help or suggestions would be massively appreciated!

Jack

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I assume that you have the latest version Mega Airport Madrid Evolution installed.

Are the settings in FSX according to the manual?

Do you have any traffic addon installed?

Do you have any Orbx products installed?

22 hours ago, mopperle said:

I assume that you have the latest version Mega Airport Madrid Evolution installed.

Are the settings in FSX according to the manual?

Do you have any traffic addon installed?

Do you have any Orbx products installed?

Latest version - checked against installer vs. Aerosoft downloads page 

All manual settings set to their minimum, and higher

No traffic addons (no AI traffic at all re:vatsim use)

I did have ORBX england, but I deactivated it, then uninstalled it.

It's also worth mentioning that

1. Out of a desire to really use this airport, I wiped FSX from my computer in its entirety and reinstalled. To get the same results.
  2. My hardware is more than the minimum to run this.

I don't know if this is a new scenery? But I don't quite think this is ready for commercial release as it doesn't appear "finished". I have a lot of aerosoft scenery and this really sticks out as a deficiency in their up-till-now level of quality

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I do not have FSX nor FSX:SE I can not make a comparisson, but I'm sure, that for some reason the scenery is not installed correctly as the terminal is also not correctly displayed.

Maybe somebody else can jump in and compare or you contact support.

Did you run the installer as Administrator (right click on the setup file and choose "Run as...")?

And btw. be carfull with such comments:

1 hour ago, jackp22 said:

But I don't quite think this is ready for commercial release as it doesn't appear "finished".

There are thousands of copies out there and you are the only one with this problem.

could you post some screens of:

- your settings

- your installation (file system)

- your scenery library showing the Madrid entry

I'm runing the older Madrid 2008 even with P3D4 wothout major issues - never had one with FSX:SE

On 8/11/2019 at 11:20 AM, mopperle said:

There are thousands of copies out there and you are the only one with this problem.

Yeah that was a fairly ignorant comment, I do apolagise - it's just that I have never had even the slightest problem with an Aerosoft product, it's synonamous with quality, so I was just surprised. Anyway, I did contact support, and although they weren't able to fix the problem, the guy in question was fantastic and tried everything he could. I'm just going to give up on this for the time being and go for a different scenery. Maybe I'll come back to it once I've upgraded either my hardware and/or sim.

Thank you all for your input. Mods, feel free to close this.

• OPabst unlocked this topic
  • Developer

Here to tips from my side for your issue, maybe it helps:

1.) Unzip the attached file into the <FSX:SE>\scenery\world\scenery folder and check that there is no other LEMD related file in that folder

2.) Check your Autogen Density Settings and don't set it to NONE, as in this case the groundpolys not displayed correct. Set the Autogen to SPARSE or higher.

Unzip into Scenery-World-Scenery for LEMD.zip

Archived