Altitude Setting Problems in 1.2.5.0

I am experiencing a bug in 1.2.5.0 whereby when I load the A320 on the ground having previously loaded the default Raptor,  ALT flashes alternately between being green at the top of the PFD and then in blue just below it. Also I cannot select altitude on the autopilot panel, which is stuck on 100 feet and cannot be selected otherwise. I believe the problem is apparent in the A318/A319/A321 as well. This obviously renders this version useless for me.

This bug did not appear in 1.2.4.0, which is completely free of this issue since I have tested this version quite thoroughly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Then your installation is somehow broken. I meanwhile made 3x a fresh install of the 1.2.5.0 (RTM version) and simply can not see any of those problems.

I suggest to uninstall, delete any remaining folders, reboot your PC, make fresh install, reboot again.

Just tried another clean install and still the same problem. My suspicions are raised because I don't have this issue with 1.2.4.0. I have tried an installation with and without antivirus (Kaspersky) switched off but still the same result.

For your information I am using the instant download from the Aerosoft.com website as a source for version 1.2.5.0.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm using exactly the same download and dont see any such problems and as nobody else sees such a problem, it looks like something on your system is not as expected. But hard to tell what.

Too which folder did you install the Airbus?

Did you run the installer as Administrator (right click on the setup file and choose "Run as....")?

Bingo! Some progress at last which you may be able to throw some light on. I had been using an A320 IAE variant (JetBlue N828JB) when the problems identified have occurred. If I use an A320 CFM variant (Niki OE-LEA), the problem is absent and I can operate the aircraft comfortably.

I am only guessing, but possibly this is an issue with the IAE variant of the A320 (and possibly also the A318/A319/A321). Perhaps this needs looking into.

Finally, the uncontrolled "wing wave" that has been found to occur on an ILS approach with autoland selected, when the aircraft performs an uncontrolled roll to starboard and then recovers immediately afterwards, is eliminated if I do not use Orbx FTX Global scenery. The phenomenon is not in the least bit associated with fps dropping or any other influence besides, at least where my system is concerned.

I hope that the information above is a good starting point to getting the altitude setting problem resolved.. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

is eliminated if I do not use Orbx FTX Global scenery.

How did you check this? You cant disable FTX Global. You can deactivate regions and airports, but not Global and it only replace default landclass files.

The "wing wave" phenomenon is another issue to that of this thread, but I merely deactivated all references to Orbx Global (which had been installed by the new version 4 of Orbx Central) and the problem was eliminated from e.g. an approach to Atlanta KATL for which I use Imaginesim KATL scenery. Early days yet but there may be ways of alleviating this unphysical and uncontrolled behaviour by way of the scenery selection (as I have found).

Back to the subject matter of this thread, ALL A320 IAE default liveries have the altitude setting problem (the CFM variant is immune from this issue) and ALL A321 variants are affected (IAE and CFM). I am not sure if this is livery-related rather than variant-related (i.e. IAE or CFM). I have been using the default liveries provided in the installation. That I can use the A320 CFM liveries (but not any of the others) is strange indeed.

Perhaps I should try to obtain other liveries and see if this is a default livery-related issue on my PC.

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

Back to the subject matter of this thread, ALL A320 IAE default liveries have the altitude setting problem (the CFM variant is immune from this issue) and ALL A321 variants are affected (IAE and CFM). I am not sure if this is livery-related rather than variant-related (i.e. IAE or CFM). I have been using the default liveries provided in the installation. That I can use the A320 CFM liveries (but not any of the others) is strange indeed.

Unfortunately I am unable to recreate this issue. Tried to load directly to A320 IAE from P3D menu and also by loading the default Raptor first and then A320 IAE. In Both cases the Takeoff state loaded normally with altitude set to 7000 feet and solid blue on PFD.

Do you have any special panel states saved as default flight that the aircraft is perhaps trying to load? Also, on your initial message you said that you load the Airbus after loading the default Raptor first. Is the issue present if you load directly to the Airbus?

Right, I have just changed the default aircraft from the Raptor to an F-16 and if I now load any A320 or A321 (IAE or CFM), the problem has gone away.

Also, if I load the A320 or A321 from the Scenario Screen without having first loaded the default aircraft, again the problem does not occur.

It would appear that, with my particular system, the default Raptor seems to corrupt things with the A320/A321 although one might have thought that this will be true of all installations which, as you have mentioned, is not apparently the case.

I can live with having changed the default from an F-22 to an F-16 but puzzled otherwise as to why a previous loading could have had such an effect.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's very hard to say what could have changed since I cannot reproduce this issue myself. To me it looks like it's something local on your system or the way the default flight is being loaded, but it's hard to say without having a more detailed look. But I am glad that we found a workaround for you.

Problem completely solved now. I have run the "Delete Generated Files"  module from the installation folder of Prepar3D v4 and deleted the Prepar3D.cfg file and, even with the default F-22 loaded initially, I can now load the A320/A321 without this problem arising. So, something obviously amiss within the junk cleared out which had corrupted the loading of the A320/A321. Case solved and closed now, unless there are any other inputs from other users/moderators.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived