Does wind request work with REX SkyForce?

I am using REX SkyForce 3D as my weather engine; it's a hit and miss, sometimes I get the wind alofts, sometimes I do not.

I always load a flight plan on REX. Hoping for some clear answers on this. I notice that it tends to work with ActiveSky more consistently.

2 hours ago, Romano Lara said:

I am using REX SkyForce 3D as my weather engine; it's a hit and miss, sometimes I get the wind alofts, sometimes I do not.

I always load a flight plan on REX. Hoping for some clear answers on this. I notice that it tends to work with ActiveSky more consistently.

It works 100% of the time for my with ActiveSky.  If you have an issue with both weather engines then it may well be your internet connection to the weather servers via the weather engines.  But AS is 100% for me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Airbus does read a active sky file that is generated when you load the fpln into active sky.

If you use a other weather engine it will read a *.wx file in the PMDG folder. We use the same standard as PMDG, so the addon developers didn’t need to support another fileformat. This wx file has to be generated by simbrief, pfpx or some other tool. I don’t know if REX does create such a file. 

Thanks. So I guess the solution if using REX SF is to download the PMDG Weather File from SimBrief; where should I save this file in order for the Airbus to read it? (Assuming that REX doesn't already do this)

• Deputy Sheriffs
31 minutes ago, Romano Lara said:

Thanks. So I guess the solution if using REX SF is to download the PMDG Weather File from SimBrief; where should I save this file in order for the Airbus to read it? (Assuming that REX doesn't already do this)

[Simroot]\PMDG\WX

Archived