Simstarter NG and Orbx Central v4

Thomas Sweden

Is it possible to use Simstarter NG now that Orbx has started using Orbx central 4. What I am most thinking about is the Scenery Configuration manager. Can I disable scenerys and create groups. That function does not work in P3D.

/Thomas

Sweden

+1

I just tried it, and found out ORBX uses "add-ons.cfg" in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4", and Simstarter NG does not read that file. As a result all ORBX scenery is displayed in RED en disabled.

• Deputy Sheriffs

BTW. in the current state it is not recommended to migrate Orbx sceneries to the new Orbx Central. There are some major problems, where your library gets totally messed up.

Totally agree with Bart.

I have the same issue, adding manually "Required=FALSE" makes that "Orbx Central" can synchronise properly.

Why was this line missing?

Fault from SimStarter ore from the addonpublisher?

In my case i had to insert the line 3 times

• Aerosoft - Madeira X EVOLUTION FSX P3D_LPPS , PortoSantoXEvolution
  • Aerosoft - Madeira X EVOLUTION FSX P3D_LPMA , MadeiraXEvolution
  • Freeware - AirHispania from www.airhispania.com --> installed manually

Idea for SimStarter!?; Can SimStarter do a check of the scenery.cfg file to see of everething is OK and the file is not corrupt?

• Deputy Sheriffs

To my knowledge this xml item is optional, so that's why not all add-ons set it. 

SIMstarter already does a complete xml file validation, but of course doesn't add this item as it is not mandatory. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to know what the current situation is if you just update with no change regarding scenery handling and the usage of Simstarter.

I had hoped to read some clarifying notes by Peter about it all.

The last release of ORBX Central (4.0.10) fixed the issue, by adding "Required=FALSE" to any section missing it. So they chose to fix the data rather than the code.

3 hours ago, larshall said:

Are you in contact with ORBX about this - or are you planning to fix the problem in Simstarter?

Yes, they notified me when they released their fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived