PPFX Takeoff module ignores weather

Hi,

I've just noticed that with ActiveSky started, whilst planning a route in PPFX, that when using the takeoff module it appears to be ignoring some of the METAR. It has the correct METAR, it's just not using it in the calculations.

EXAMPLE:

As you can see from the screenshot, the METAR, which matches ActiveSky, states the wind is 020/05 yet in the calculations window it states 250/09. It also says dry in runway conditions yet it's raining.

But.... it does actually have the correct temperature and QNH, it appears to be using some aspects of it.

Any ideas why it's ignoring wind and wet/dry conditions?

Latest version of PPFX, ActiveSky and Topcat.

Thanks,

Mark.

EDIT: Now I've just written this, I can see in the second METAR line down that it also has 250/09, so now I'm confused why it has two sets of conditions in the METAR. As far as AS is concerned, the top one with 020/05 is correct.

Please login to display this image.

3 minutes ago, srcooke said:

The METAR time is at 14:50Z.

Your planned takeoff time is 16:00Z and fits with the TAF forecast 25009KT.

02005KT would be outdated.

Ahhhhh the time!!! Damn sorry for the dumb moment. I just also managed to work out that the two lines are METAR and TAF hence the slight variation.

Thanks for your help and quick response! 🙂 

Archived