MCDU4; No "Start Boarding" Light

Hoffie3000

• Deputy Sheriffs

very unlikely that this will change anything. If the installer would be corrupt, the product wouldnt install at all.

4 minutes ago, Hoffie3000 said:

A guy in another thread with Flaps problems reported that he was able to solved his problem with a new download.

I'll trying this too tomorrow, maybe it works.

I have used two installers over the past few days trying to fix this .. one from my Just Flight account and another from the Aerosoft update page ... both with the same result

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please allow me a general comment on this:

11 minutes ago, Hoffie3000 said:

A guy in another thread with Flaps problems reported that he was able to solved his problem with a new download.

I'll trying this too tomorrow, maybe it works.

An installer of a version "A" in the Aerosoft shop account is 100% identical to the installer of version "A" in a different shop. There are no differences between installers of the same version between different shops. This is quite simply because the installers are provided by Aerosoft and a shop is not going to repackage them. They just put them on their file server.

If two installers from two different shops end up in a different setup, well then they simply haven't been of the same version. One was "A", the other one was "B". And if someone insists that they have both been of version "A" then he might forgot to mention that between using the two installers he might have altered his environment in another way, e.g. by installing another add-on in between.

I just wanted to let you know that, as expected, downloading the installer from the shop account and installing it again didn't improve the situation.
It remains that the "Start Boarding" button remains orange.
Now I have no more ideas, but fortunately the problem is not a spoilsport and I'm eagerly awaiting what the next versions will bring 🙂

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs

We have currently no idea. As the code for this is quite simple, it might be somewhere in the Windows environment. Maybe you and Rich can tell us:

- Which version of Windows

- maybe a list of the updates installed by Windows ( best is a screenshot from the update section)

- list of the C++ Redistributables (also a screenshot showing the version numbers)

Please login to display this image.

As Wolfgang says its not a show stopper and the airbus still works fine , im not going let a light not working stop me from flying it .

The other update Informations are related to MS-Office

Regards, Wolfgang

On 3.8.2019 at 19:24, keenrw sagte:

The Boarding light stays Orange while Boarding and orange when complete..(should it flicker green like the Cargo and fuel?) ..the Cargo and Fuel light flicker green then stays green once complete for me ....full reinstall of the Airbus v1.2.5 with a restart , no GSX .

Rich

I noticed exactly the same issue after install 1.2.5.0

PS: if i hit LSK6L "Loadsheet", Boarding, Cargo and Fuel light went Orange although the loading continues.

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Rich: Yours seems OK

@Wolfgang: missing 2005 x64 and some other are not up to date.

YOu can try to uninstall all libraries and then donwload and install all available redistributbales from this site:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Also I recommend to run this Microsoft tool to fix any existing .NET errors:
https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-is-available

I have this problem with the previous version of the A318 and A319 (v 1.4.2.1). The workaround I found is to manually reinsert the pax and cargo load figures into MCDU3 after initialising the loadsheet. MCDU3 works perfectly after that.

For some reason it never affects the fuel load.

Originally installed the 64-bit 318 and 318 on Windows 10 18xx build when v1.4.2.1 was released to the stable channel, then updated Windows in line with the usual Microsoft schedule to 1903.

On 11.8.2019 at 12:49, mopperle sagte:

@Rich: Yours seems OK

@Wolfgang: missing 2005 x64 and some other are not up to date.

YOu can try to uninstall all libraries and then donwload and install all available redistributbales from this site:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Also I recommend to run this Microsoft tool to fix any existing .NET errors:
https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-is-available

...that did not help. Boarding light is still only orange.

Maybe you have any constellation on your test system that we don't have out here that makes your light blinking green!

On 7.8.2019 at 21:49, mopperle sagte:

I used exactly the same version as you which comes from my personal shop account. No „developer edition“.

And thats the reason why I do not understand what the different is.

@Raller

Funny, that was the Question I ask some day ago too 🙂

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, I have not a "test" machine, more a "productive" environment. They only thing a really take care of is an up-to-date Windows and using none of those fancy tewaks and shitty tools trying to "improve" P3D. Also not using anything to "sort" sceneries, and I do not even use FSUIPC anymore. Simply because there is definitely no reason to do so.

So maybe this is the reason why I have zero problems with my PC, P3D and the addons I have. The last tool causing me a headache was the new Orbx Central.

Have you installed both "A318/A319 pro and A320/A321 pro" or only A320/A321 (like me)?

Maybe something is missing in one or the other installer and if both are installed, it will work.

56 minutes ago, Raller said:

Have you installed both "A318/A319 pro and A320/A321 pro" or only A320/A321 (like me)?

Maybe something is missing in one or the other installer and if both are installed, it will work.

i have the A318-321pro and still get the issue so sadly its not just limited to one or the other .. its also not a C++ Redistributable issue as even thou @Wolfgang is missing one of them we both still have the same problem and all mine are up to date , its odd and kind of annoying that just use three seem to have this but at least its not a flight stopper and can still use the airbus normally .

You are right, this little issue is not a big deal but it still bothers me not to know what's going on here. Perhaps this error also affects other areas of the aircraft.

Since version 4.1 I only updated the P3D Client to 4.5. Maybe that can be the cause?

I found a solution approach and "Boarding" now flashes green and lights up green when boarding is done.

I'm currently corresponding with @Hanse so that he can provide a fix to that problem...

2 hours ago, Raller said:

I found a solution approach and "Boarding" now flashes green and lights up green when boarding is done.

I'm currently corresponding with @Hanse so that he can provide a fix to that problem...

Brilliant great news mate, any chance you can let us know what it is please?

Because something has to be changed in a file, I would rather wait until the Aerosoft developer has checked the case, before I give a guide here.

Please be patient for a few more days...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi all,

I finally was able to reproduce the issue by completely deinstalling my GSX (not just by disabling it). Now I am able to look for a solution. Keep you updated......

Regards,

Rolf

Archived