A couple of V1.2.5.0 Issues

Greetings!

Today I downloaded and installed the latest version referenced in the subject line.

All went well, but there are a couple of issues that I'm experiencing with the A321 (only model I've flown with the new version thus far):

1. As with all previous versions, the first time I attempt to close the forward left passenger door via the FMS that I bring up with Shift+4, the door closes and then re-opens. I have to click on the "close" button again. Not a big  deal, but somewhat annoying.

2. During my pre-taxi flight control check, I noticed when I moved the side controller forward (nose down), the indicator in the lower MDU did  not move, nor externally did the elevators move, the crosshair on the PFD did indicate a nose down movement of the side controller, externally the elevators appear to be "hanging down". In cruise flight right now checking external views, the elevators are still "hanging down". Given their degree of deflection the aircraft should be attempting to make a smoking hole in the ground. I compared the current external cruise flight position of the elevators to a screenshot taken yesterday (before the update to 1.2.5.0) and there is a noticeable difference. This does not seem to be affecting aircraft performance as near as I can tell. This was not an issued in v1.2.4.0.

I'm using P3Dv4.5. 

Aircraft had been loaded from "turn around" state and both Pilot and Co-pilot checklists were used.

Hope these things can be looked at and remedied.

Regards,

Scott

I know it has been a weekend, but no replies?  😉

I just checked and the Aerosoft A319 exhibits the same flight control indication behavior of the A321 I outlined above. I checked the PMDG B737 and all control indications and visuals are normal with that model.

Regards,

Scott

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can not replicate your issue, and as nobody else reported it, I suggest to do a fresh install following thes guidelines:

Greetings,

This morning before work I uninstalled and reinstalled the A318/319/320/321 as per the instructions outlined in the link provided by Mopperle.

The same problems persist. No improvement.

The 'bus worked perfectly in V1.2.4.0....any ideas?

Regards,

Scott

Greetings,

I do believe I have it sorted out.

I deleted the A318/319 & A320/321 installers from the other day and re-downloaded them. Once again I followed the instructions provided in the link by Mopperle a few posts above.

The flight controls (elevators) are now working correctly. Will take one up for a flight later today.

Regards,

Scott

Well, it turns out the problems are not sorted out.

When I made the initial post above, I had checked the controls in one of A321's that came with the installer. Right now I'm in a flight with one of the non-included liveries, and the problem with the flight controls check/elevator position that I noted in my original post are still there along with the door closing annoyance.

Nothing has changed on computer since I re-installed the other day other than adding the other liveries I've collected.

Help would be much appreciated!!

Regards,

Scott

Additional thoughts: Could loading the aircraft  in "turn around state" have something to do with it...

It wasn't a problem before in v1.2.4.0, but I wonder if it might be in v1.2.5.0...

Regards,

Scott

• Deputy Sheriffs

So, if I understand correct you don't have any issues with the default liveries shipped with the product, but the issues appear when you use another livery that you downloaded? If so could you give a link to download one of the liveries it's not working with.

Thanks for the reply!

I think I've narrowed it down. It is not a case of the liveries. 

I had always loaded the various Airbuses with the "Turn Around State". I tried loading a couple of them in the "Ready For Taxi State" and the control checks/elevator positions are now normal and function as they should, regardless of the livery.

Perhaps something got broken in the v1.2.5.0 update that affected loading the aircraft in the "Turn Around State"? I didn't have that issue with the previous versions.

Cheers,

Scott

Upon further experimentation, even having the aircraft load as "Ready for Taxi" does not solve the issue.

It appears that I have to load the aircraft ("Ready for Taxi"), exit P3Dv4.5, re-start P3Dv5 and load the aircraft again. At least that's what worked just now...

Cheers,

Scott

Well, even that doesn't work.

Just completed a flight in an A321. Used the procedure as described above. Checked the flight control page of the lower MFDU while taxiing and also the externals all looked as it should (elevator position).

During departure climbout, all externals. Looked normal.

However, after checking the external views after level off at cruise altitude, the elevators were once again deflected in such a way as the aircraft should have been diving towards terra firma. After landing checked the control movement on the lower MFDU and sure enough, full forward application of the side stick shows downward movement on the PFD, but there is no movement indicating that on the flight control page of the lower MFDU.

Hoping someone will chime in here. Have loved the AS 'bus since FSX-SE.

Regards,

Scott

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Flugkapitan said:

Well...it appears that I"m not going to get any help with solving this issue.

TBH, we tried to help you but as nobody else has these issues and nobody could recreate them, what do you expect?

Something on your system seems not to be as expected.  And sorry, but we can not start debugging individuell systems.

For the record, I have numerous other add-on aircraft from other developers installed. The AS 'Bus is the only one that exhibits the behaviour outlined above.

As I said, I'm hoping the next update will put things right.

Regards,

Scott

• Deputy Sheriffs
36 minutes ago, Flugkapitan said:

I have numerous other add-on aircraft from other developers installed.

That doesnt mean anything. The bus simply uses advanced features of P3D and is built open the latest P3D SDK, most other addons are not doing so. And the Bus also depends on certain Windows system files , while others do not. And again, think about why you are the only one with such issues. ;)

But as this discussion leads to nowhere, I close this topic.

Archived