Kitty Hawk FLOLS not visible

gary20

Hi all

I just purchased the F-14 extended yesterday so I'm just figuring it all out, but I cannot figure out why the FLOLS does not display on the Kitty Hawk for me.

According to the manual the FLOLS is loaded automatically and "The lens should be visible from within 1.5 miles and does not require any action on part of the pilot to activate (such as tuning a frequency)." 

I have checked and the gauge is loaded in the panel.cfg.

I'm running Windows 10 and P3D v4.5 and do have Tacpack installed.

I'm wondering if it's a compatibility issue with version 4.5 of P3D, or if it's a known issue and if there is a fix.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

• Deputy Sheriffs

LM has changed some internal IDs in v4.5 which negatively effects some carriers (especially the Kitty Hawk). The developer is aware of this problem and is working on a fix.

• 1 month later...

It's coming up on two months since I first asked about this issue, so I don't believe it unreasonable to ask if there is any update on a fix.

Who is the developer?

Best wishes

Gary

On 10/3/2019 at 4:38 PM, gary20 said:

It's coming up on two months since I first asked about this issue, so I don't believe it unreasonable to ask if there is any update on a fix.

Who is the developer?

Best wishes

Gary

You're asking in the wrong place.

If you bought the Kittyhawk package recently (as it has only been on the market for a few weeks) from Simmarket, then you should contact "CIMOGT" over at SOH.

Dave

It's the Kitty Hawk that comes with the F-14 Tomcat.

One of the better carriers for P3D.

Not CIMOGT's version.

I'm asking in the right place.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all

I'd like to say a very big thankyou for updating the F-14 and for the new compatibility features with the SWS Carriers.

Unfortunately I'm get crashes to desktop when loading any version of the F-14.

I want this addon so bad I completely re-installed P3D V4.5 and now have a vanilla install.

The only things I've loaded are VRS Tacpack and Superbug and the SWS carriers. Nothing else.

I installed version 3.0.1.0 and updated to 3.1.0.1 through the ASUpdater.

The sim loads no problem, but as soon as I switch to any version of the F-14 it crashes to desktop.

Same if I try to load it through one of the scenarios.

I can load the Kitty Hawk through the VRS Tacpack option, but no F-14 aircraft will load without a CTD.

So I'm wondering if I'm missing some required libraries or if FSUIP or some other is required.

I've searched through all manuals and online for requirements and meet all required.

Can anyone advise ?

Many thanks

Gary

Thanks Airbusfan EDDM.

Yes, the old version (3.0.1.0) does install and runs fine, but the IFLOLS for the Kitty Hawk don't work under P3D 4.5 Hotfix 2.

It's frustrating. Was hoping it would be something simple to fix.

I did notice an Aerosoft_F14AB.lua file in the modules folder. Which is why I was wondering if FSUIPC was needed. Cant see why a .lua file would be in the modules folder otherwise ?

Not sure what to do. I don't want to roll back to the previous version with no IFLOLS.

Best wishes

Gary

The volume 1 manual for the F-14 lists Microsoft MSVS Redist 2008 SP1 in the system requirements for the F-14.

The link provided for these libraries lead to Microsofts website with an advisement "We're sorry, this download is no longer available.".

When I google "Microsoft MSVS Redist 2008 SP1" all of the links provided are for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable".

Are these two libraries one and the same?

I have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable installed for both x86 and x64, but still the CTD's when loading the F-14 in P3D.

Can anyone advise ?

Best wishes

Gary

What does the ASC.dll in the gauges folder do ?

I uninstalled the F-14 and reinstalled version 3.0.1.0.

I then copied a copy of the ASC.dll to a temporary folder.

Then I updated to version 3.1.0.1. via the ASUpdater.

I backed up the updated ASC.dll file and overwrote it with the original (version 3.0.1.0) ASC.dll

No more crashes to desktop on loading the F-14 models. Scenarios all load too.

It seems to be working fine ….

I figure if its working OK then all is good, but what is the ASC.dll file for ?

Does it matter if it's the previous version ?

Gary

No problem Reccio

I really wanted this beauty working and was looking at CTD's for Aerosoft stuff in general.

The ASC.dll file looked like a common factor in other models so I thought I'd give it a go and see.

I also vaguely remembered a similar issue with the Lightnings.

More luck than anything else.

I think the ASC.dll has something to do with cockpit sounds. Not sure why it's a common cause of CTD's.

I couldn't be happier that it's working now.

Thanks again

Gary

Archived