Most Switches in The Overhead Panel Not Working

golfermd

My FSX computer died (Win7) and had to purchase a new one. I now have Win10. I got a good install in FSX of the Airbus Extended but most of the overhead switches do not illuminate and do not function (including battery), the MFD and PFD displays are dark. Strangely, I can start the APU but the APU Bleed, Power, and External power switches don't function. The glareshield displays are showing data. Yes, FSX SP1 and SP2 are installed.

Thanks, Dan Ward

• Deputy Sheriffs

I' sure something in Windows is missing. Make sure you have the latest .NET version installed. also ALL Microsoft VIsual C++ Redistributables starting with 2005 till 2019 are installed and fully up to date.

Also make sure that FSX is not installled under ...Program Files (X86) and you run all installer as Administrators (ricght click on the installer and choose "Run as....") and turn all AV software off during installation.

It is not installed on my system. Does the A/B Extended require a specific version of .NET? Or just the most current? There are several versions of .NET available.

There are 4 versions of the C++ Redistributable (2005, 2010, 2013 and 2015). All but 2010 have X86 and X64 versions.

Thanks, Dan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Regarding .NET it should be the latest version. Run the attched Microsoft tool, to solve .NET problems.

You installed C++ redistributables, it should look like this:

Please login to display this image.

NetFxRepairTool.exe

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, so you are unsing a totally outdated version. The latest version of the Airbus X Extended was 1.16, which should still be avaiable at you shop account, in case you bought it at Aerosoft.

This product is no longer supported and as far as I remember it does not run under Windows 10. You had the chance to update to the current FSX Version some years ago, but obviously you missed it and now an upgrade is no longer possible. Maybe you find some hints in the closed Airbus X Extended Forum:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/517-aerosoft-airbus-x-extended-outdated-versions/

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived