< FSX - 4 Pics > Piper Cub low and slow over Southern California

Great photos and do you know where or which website I can read advices, suggestions, tips and troubleshootings on MegaScenery sceneries like you are using for those 4 screenshots?  I have three MegaScenery sceneries:  Vermont, Arizona, and Grand Caynon but I AM AFRAID to install those!!

Even though I have 12 years of experience in installing sceneries, this is going to be first time I am installing Megascenery sceneries and I do not want to screw up the installation.

2 months ago, I installed Orbx sceneries for first time and followed specific instructions accurately yet I screwed it up because the Orbx instructions did not tell me to install the other important files!!!

So I need forums or websites where I can read important ideas or tips or info on how to install Megascenery sceneries from CDs into my FSX and how to place them in order in scenery list.

Regards,

Aharon

Hello Aharon,
normally (if you don't have any OrbX files) it's very easy to install photorealistic sceneries like Megascenery, France VFR, Austria HD Professional and others: you just run the installer of the scenery and everything is fine.
Normal photorealistic sceneries are complete with Mesh, so that you don't need any other addons. If the sceneries are from the same developer, they perfectly fit together, so that you don't have any irritations with several sceneries and the order in the FSX scenery library doesn't matter.
If you have photorealistic sceneries from _different_ regions and different developers there is also no problem - they don't interfere and therefor fit together and the order in the FSX scenery library doesn't matter.
If you also use airport sceneries then you just move these airport sceneries to the top in the FSX scenery library. That's it. Very easy!

But if you also have OrbX sceneries there might be several complications.
I hope you get some good advices from OrbX users (I'am not 🙂 🙂 🙂 ).
Otherwise you might try this:
- First make a full backup ("image") from your computer system (all drives) on an external hard disk drive.
It's allways good to make a full backup from time to time, so this is no waste of time.
- Then you should deactivate all OrbX sceneries in the FSX scenery library (not delete - only deactivate).
- Then you can install your Megascenery-addons, so that they are on top in the FSX scenery library.
- If needed, you should move your airport addons to the top of scenery lib.
If this works you can enjoy your photorealistic sceneries. (If it does not work, you can go back to your fullbackup / image.)
At last you might activate your OrbX sceneries step by step - each step intensively testing if there are any complications.

Good luck
Torsten

P.S.: Please everybody, correct me if I wrote something wrong.

vor 3 Stunden , Aharon sagte:

2 months ago, I installed Orbx sceneries for first time and followed specific instructions accurately yet I screwed it up because the Orbx instructions did not tell me to install the other important files!!!

Aharon, do you have a full backup from your system before installing OrbX sceneries?
Then I would try to go back to this image.
It's not good to run OrbX-sceneries and non-OrbX-sceneries together. It might work if you don't have too much sceneries. But I've read from many peoples about several complications when mixing OrbX and non-OrbX.

• 1 month later...
On 2.8.2019 at 15:21, Aharon sagte:

I have three MegaScenery sceneries:  Vermont, Arizona, and Grand Caynon but I AM AFRAID to install those!!

Hello Aharon, have you been sucessful to install your photorealistic sceneries?

I've found photoreal groundtextures from Israel. I think this might be interesting for you? It's freeware 🙂
Israel complete - download size: 8.42 GB https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4948/#other

16 hours ago, TorstenFS said:

Hello Aharon, have you been sucessful to install your photorealistic sceneries?

🙂

Not yet  I am waiting for MegaScenery company to start tech support forums.  They told me they would set up new tech support forums so that I can read advices, tips, and ideas on how to install three MegaScenery sceneries:  Vermont, Arizona, and Grand Caynon that I AM AFRAID to install those!!

16 hours ago, TorstenFS said:

I've found photoreal groundtextures from Israel. I think this might be interesting for you? It's freeware 🙂
Israel complete - download size: 8.42 GB https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4948/#other

FlyAwaySimulation has painful slow 56k download speed which can mean 1 month time of downloading 8.42 GB files so I avoid this website's download center.  Thanks for great tip on Israeli sceneries

Regards,

Aharon

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, but the download link does not work and I avoid Torrent. I tried download link and it just gave me Torrent file.  That is all. So I deleted the file

Regards,

Aharon

Archived