GSX Fueling Issue After A320 Pro v1.2.5.0 Update

I have been using the new GSX Level 2 version 2.6.0.0 with A320 v1.2.4.2 with no problems.

Today I updated to version 1.2.5.0 by uninstalling the previous version and the contents of the General folder then installed the new version and rebooted.

Now when the GSX fuel truck connects all the hoses at KSFO gate 82 I get the message "(GSX) Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" as I always used to see and then fueling would begin automatically  but now fueling will not begin and the message just keeps repeating. 

I use the Aerosoft fuel planner to establish loads and then use the LOADSHEET init to load it.

I have the A320 settings set to use GSX Services ON

When I hit the loadsheet all 3 entries (Fuel, Cargo and Boarding) all turn orange like they used to and the correct values are entered to left as before.

However, it just stays stuck with the GSX message repeating itself, as I said before it would flash the message once but fueling would begin.

Please advise

Joe 

I just had a similar issue with v1.2.5.0 fueling but without the message from GSX. I used the Checklist with Copilot and Fuel Planner/Loadsheet. I selected Boarding and Refueling in GSX after importing the Loadsheet in MCDU3. The boarding proceeded OK and the fuel truck arrived and hooked up, but fueling did not start (remained orange in MCDU3). I waited a while, even after the boarding was complete and fueling would not commence. I wondered what they were waiting for. I went into Gnd Services and set the wheel chocks, even though the parking brake was set, and fueling started. It might have something to do with the fact that this was the initial start after install and the aircraft loaded in running state. I loaded Cold & Dark and carried on. Perhaps I should have restarted P3D after getting my settings reset. I will monitor this in the future.

Randy

Restarting didn’t help nor did anything else I tried. Since I had to do a demo tomorrow morning for a sim group I re-imaged to my saved copy prior to the update and all the work associated in doing that. All is good again. So for me the update to the non experimental version was a step backwards and I will wait until this and possibly other yet to be seen issues are rectified since I had no issues with v1.2.4.2

Joe

19 hours ago, RRVyper said:

I just had a similar issue with v1.2.5.0 fueling but without the message from GSX. I used the Checklist with Copilot and Fuel Planner/Loadsheet. I selected Boarding and Refueling in GSX after importing the Loadsheet in MCDU3. The boarding proceeded OK and the fuel truck arrived and hooked up, but fueling did not start (remained orange in MCDU3). I waited a while, even after the boarding was complete and fueling would not commence. I wondered what they were waiting for. I went into Gnd Services and set the wheel chocks, even though the parking brake was set, and fueling started. It might have something to do with the fact that this was the initial start after install and the aircraft loaded in running state. I loaded Cold & Dark and carried on. Perhaps I should have restarted P3D after getting my settings reset. I will monitor this in the future.

Randy

Just to update this post before it is closed - it was NOT the setting of chocks that started the fueling. It starts by itself after a certain time once the fuel truck arrives. The Load Fuel and Load Instant functions no longer work once you call for fuel via GSX.

Randy

I do not currently have Estimate Passengers Number checked (I used to) and I tried the other option both ON and OFF and it made no difference to the fueling issue (and didn't ask me to start fueling when ON or OFF). I will test again to be sure.

Randy

Update: So the reason I wasn't being asked to start fueling is because I had the Message Verbosity slider in GSX set to "Display Only Important Messages".

• Deputy Sheriffs

The only workaround I can suggest until the issue is fixed is not to use the GSX-fueling function but the internal MCDU LOAD- / FUEL menu instead e.g. LSK3R or LSK4R.

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...

Archived