EGLL, EDDF WITH SAM

FerDiaz

Hi,

No animated jetways in last versions of EGLL and EDDF with SAM 1.1.0 in all my aircrafts, including aircrafts by default.

With other sceneries that use SAM too,  ShortFinal - EDDM for example, the jetways are animated correctly.

X-Plane 11.35

macOS 10.14.6 Mojave

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 pulgadas, 2019), 3,6 GHz Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 and Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Regards,

Fernando Diaz

I know what the problem is:
- In EGLL the SAM.XLM file does not exist.
- In EDDF the header of the SAM.XLM file is poorly defined (locked = "true"). It must be: locked = "false"
With this change the jetways are animated correctly.

Regards,

Fernando Diaz

• Administrator

Hello Fernando,

Our Aerosoft EGLL (V1.10) don't have SAM at the time. It works with Autogate and at the time only for the Safegates.

See here too:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/113173-london-heathrow-static-airplanes-and-safedocks/

EDDF  is strange because it it working here with the sam.xml header row "....locked = true" (Windows). Mojave i have to  test ....

Do you have SAM installed as described here?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/141662-sam-scenery-animation-manager-installation/

Also the SAM library?

Greets Heinz

I have put "... locked=true" back in the line of code and it works.
Maybe opening the file on Mac and burning it?

Thanks for all, Heinz.

Greets,

Fernando

• 1 year later...

Hey I seem to have the same problem, . Though I don't understand what you mean by put Lock back to true... where. and how do you "put it back" 

is this an edit in text or a move in file. 

its sometimes very unspecific for newcomers the hole sam stuff. Been trying to fix my sim for 5 days now. seems to half work half not. NI had to now delete X Europe cos it wouldn't want to open it anymore... now stuck just getting sam to at least work before reimstallimf X Europe which I unsuccessfully did about 6 times now... :-((( can't find much help anywhere and I have read everything there is to understand for me. sorry if I may have missed a bit, but its really now straight forward for me...

• Developer

Don't mess around in the sam.xml file please. The "locked=true" line tells SAM if users are allowed to modify the file using the SAM authoring tool, this could also be called a "developer mode" when set to false and this has no effect on the functionality.

I see. I'm just downloading the whole x Europe5 package including seasons... where do you suggest I should put the folder?? should I do.  this manually? 

and :   question,....if I open the sam.xml file and change this thing to true , do I need this step to manually add the seasons scenery?

I stil dont understand if this is or isn't something I should do or what it will do to solve my problem

• Developer

Put X-Europe below Global Airports and SAM Seasons on top of everything but SAM GlobalTrees if installed (and if you want to handle this manually, by default SAM handles SAM extensions scenery order automatically).

The sam.xml does nothing regarding seasons, if you have set it to "locked=false" just set it back to true and that's it but as long as you don't use the SAM authoring tool this setting does not matter for you, it does nothing but hide sceneries inside the authoring tool.

If the SAM Seasons download does not work please report this at the Stairport helpdesk, mabye the download is broken. Anyway, as this is a large download make sure your internet connection is stable when downloading. SAM Suite is completely indepent from anything you do in X-Plane so no matter what settings you have in the SAM options it won't affect downloads.

Archived