Announcement: Aerosoft CFD Captains Program

DaveCT2003

Beginning this Saturday (August 3, 2019) we will be putting together a group of Aerosoft Connected Flight Deck Captains who will make themselves available to fly Connected Flight Deck (CFD) and when necessary help them to understand:

- How to use Connected Flight Deck

- How to fly the Airbus

- How to understand everything necessary to fly on VATSIM/IVAO, including flight planning and communicating with Online ATC.

With many years of using Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck to introduce flight simmers to new aircraft and how to fly on VATSIM, I can say that there is no better or more enjoyable way to introduce people to a new aircraft or how to fly online in a realism based environment such as VATSIM/IVAO than Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck.

As our CFD community grows, we'll be doing group flights during VATSIM events as well as long haul flights in the A330 with crew changeouts!  Crew members swapping out then have the choice of leaving or staying as an observer on the flight for as long as they wish.  This is something people will definitely want to be a part of!

Can you imagine 20, 40, or even more fully crewed aircraft flying a large VATSIM event?  Talk about "As Real As It Gets"!!!

If you are experienced with both the Airbus and flying on VATSIM/IVAO, and you would like to share your knowledge with someone who does not yet have the same experience, please let us know by sending an email to us at flightsimmessages@gmail.com.  Please include your real name, your age, the city where you live, your time zone (example: GMT+1), how long you've been flying the Airbus and flying on VATSIM.  If you are already a member of the Aerosoft CFD Discord Server please include your Discord username. Our CFD Discord Server is located at:  https://discord.gg/zp95782

UPDATE:  Aerosoft CFD Captains Program

Yesterday (Saturday, August 3, 2019), we had a meeting with 5 of the current 12 volunteer candidates for our new CFD Captains program.  I was more impressed by this group of flight simmers than any group of flight simmers I've worked with, and that's really saying something given the number of groups I've worked with over many years.

For those who may not know, after their initial indoctrination, our CFD Captains will be available to fly with anyone who would like to join them on the flight deck of our Airbus Professional series and later the Aerosoft CRJ-700X/900X.  For now, we are flying the A318, A319, A320 and A321 aircraft, and we'll be adding the A330 after it is released.  We will announce when our CFD Captains are ready to start flying with Airbus Professional owners, as well as how to book them for a CFD Flight.

CFD Captains are available to help Airbus Professional owners to better understand:

- Normal Airbus Operations for all phases of flight

- How to obtain and/or develop a Flightplan using freeware and/or payware tools

- Everything one needs to know to fly on VATSIM 

- How to communicate with VATSIM ATC

- How to obtain, install and use a variety of freeware and payware software to increase the immersion level of your sim.

- And so very much more!

The meeting was scheduled for 2 hours, however due to their enthusiasm, the meeting turned into our helping our candidates upgrade their simulators for both significantly increased immersion and coordinated weather settings and weather textures.  After a quick test, our CFD Captains candidates were very impressed at the increased immersion and quality of their sims!

Today (Sunday, August 4, 2019) we will be flying with our CFD Captain Candidates to demonstrate a simplified version of CRM (Crew Resource Management, which is basically the teamwork between the Captain and First Officer) which can be used on any CFD / Shared Cockpit aircraft, and share with them some of the techniques and lessons we've learned over the past 14 years of flying CFD/Shared Cockpit.

We have 5 more CFD Captain Candidates in the pipeline (for a total of 10 CFD Captains) and this coming week we will schedule the initial meeting with them.

We are still accepting people for the CFD Captains program.  If you're interested or would like more information on the Captains Program and you are already very experienced with the Airbus and flying on VATSIM, please contact me via Private Message here in our forums.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

Program Update:

I'm working all weekend to finish the documentation done for our the Aerosoft Flight Simulation and Connected Flight Deck Community, as well as continuing to work with our CFD Captains who will soon be available to work and fly with everyone from new to experienced flight simmers in both Single Cockpit and Connected Flight Deck.  We're also in the process of scheduling the first month of special events for our Community.  Next week we'll publish all the documentation including a very exciting "Aerosoft Flight Sim and Connected Flight Deck Community" announcement and community description, and I believe most of our customers and other flights simmers will find this to be one of the most exciting announcements and groups in all of flight sim.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Archived