IRS Fast Align

orbmis

Hello,

Is there a ‘fast align’ option available in the A319 Professional? Does the aircraft have a sort of persistence memory, whereby it retains the region info of recent flights?

thanks,

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Mike,

There is no fast align option with the Airbus professional. The alignment takes around 6 minutes to complete. To skip the alignment process you can load the aircraft in turnaround state which has the IRS already aligned by default.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply... I looked thru the guides, couldn’t find anything, but wanted to ensure I hadn’t accidentally missed it. 6 minutes to align is certainly acceptable, but I’ve bumped into 10 minute alignment times when located in Alaska.

On that point, can I proceed to do my FMS activities, including flight planning, while the IRS is aligning?

Thanks again and I do appreciate the quick reply.

Mike

7 minutes ago, orbmis said:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply... I looked thru the guides, couldn’t find anything, but wanted to ensure I hadn’t accidentally missed it. 6 minutes to align is certainly acceptable, but I’ve bumped into 10 minute alignment times when located in Alaska.

On that point, can I proceed to do my FMS activities, including flight planning, while the IRS is aligning?

Thanks again and I do appreciate the quick reply.

Mike

Hi Mike you can certainly put in all FMS data etc. Only thing is you will not see the map displays are not visible. So any mistakes cannot be seen visually.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Affirm, the alignment can take a little bit longer on higher latitudes. You can proceed with the FMS activities and even finish the whole MCDU preparation while the IRS is still aligning. Just make sure everything is aligned before moving the aircraft.

Archived